Dota Discussion (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
lol dota.

go play dota on BA or somethin cuz dota on bnet west/east sucks.

overall, dota isnt all that fun and it doesnt require much skill lol.

if u want a challenge, play normal game (ladder) - this is heaps fun. micro micro micro. rofl

or if ur like a micro-addict, just play SC or somethin lol.

but yeh FPS > rts in skill.

Quake3 FTW.
I still think FPS is all about practice and twitching your mouse etc; gameplay remains pretty similar throughout
dota games are pretty dynamic on the other hand

u-borat

Banned
HSC
dota isn't about reflexes and hand/eye coordination much the way fps is.
its a lot more oriented towards teamwork and an understanding of the dynamics behind the game.

q3thefish

HSC
I still think FPS is all about practice and twitching your mouse etc; gameplay remains pretty similar throughout
dota games are pretty dynamic on the other hand
lol i disagree.

all the dota pro's come from wc3 'normal game' (ladder). They only play cuz of the hype casts over people lol.

as i said b4, dota doesnt take much skill at all + it doesnt have much depth either.

believe-u-me, dota is recklessly fun but it gets rly repetitive ~ creep block, hero block, neuts, gank, gank GANK HIM NOOB, deny deny deny, ROSH, feed AM, gg.

whereas Q3, it needs anticipation and prolly the most demanding reflexes for any fps.

if u think dota is fun, but too easy, play normal wc3 lol - or Q3, even though it's a dying game.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
no don't get bfury, buriza or crystalis

imo;
2xbracer. str treads, manta, bfly
you won't get much further than that in terms of farming
not even late game with bfury? thought its good to have with melee heroes. Guess i was wrong XD

dp624

HSC
not even late game with bfury? thought its good to have with melee heroes. Guess i was wrong XD
no like never on image heroes
spend the gold on like other, better items

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Demigod>DoTA

Even if its a commercial version of DoTA lol.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
[nerd]
Abaddon's ulti actually has a 0.01~ second windwalk. This means that if Abaddon is shackled and the ulti goes off, the shackle will break as vision is lost for 0.01 seconds. However, if the user has a gem/ward/dust then the vision never breaks and so the shackle doesn't break.

Earthshaker's ulti is actually a fan of knives. A dummy unit is created that uses fan of knives, and for every unit that is hit by the fan of knives, another dummy unit is created on top of those units which use a weaker fan of knives and so on and so forth. Dead units (corpses) count.

Crystal Maiden's ulti is set in a square with her at the middle. Dummy units are created every 0.1 seconds that use a Frost Nova on themselves, dealing damage to everyone around them. This means that there can only be 0.1 x 3(seconds) = 30 explosions. The square is set so that the corners take the most damage.

Zeus's lightning bolt is actually a storm bolt. A dummy unit is created on top of Zeus that casts it. This dummy unit is also the only one that has true sight, and it sticks round for 3 seconds. This is why invisible units can be seen around Zeus when he uses lightning bolt.

Naga Siren's ulti actually creates a dummy unit on top of every visible enemy unit and casts sleep on them. This is why linkins blocks it.

Potm's arrow creates a dummy unit that uses storm bolt on a target. This is why if you're invis and you get hit by the arrow, you take damage but no stun (because the storm bolt can't be cast).
[/nerd]
Can't be bothered listing any more dota mechanics.. Jesus I haven't played in ages..

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lol no, I used to participate in the Dota Mechanics section of the dota forums, back in the day :D

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Oh no, dota has loads of things happening in the background. You just don't see it happen because dummy units are given the properties of invisibility and locust. Meaning you can't see them (even with true sight) and you can't click them.

But you know, aaaaaaaaages ago, Crystal Maiden's ulti used to use wisps as dummy units. That was hilarious, if you were quick enough (the wisp would frost nova and kill itself in like, less than half a second) you could click on it and start using it. Ahahaha you could harvest lumber from the trees :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)