dotpoints not exaimed in past papers (1 Viewer)

wackyquack

this is inspired from a thread posted in the chemistry forum.

apparently the exam writer try to examine all the dotpoints within a 3 or 5 yr period (im not sure which one it is).

so does anyone no which dotpoints haven't been examined recently??

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
breezy said:

apparently the exam writer try to examine all the dotpoints within a 3 or 5 yr period (im not sure which one it is).

u know what i think??? i think we need some team work... we should all grab our dotpoints + exam and look through the thing...

pravski

HSC
breezy said:

If you did the chem exam you would know that that is all a lie. In chem they were 'supposed' to ask the dot points never asked before, but guess what? all the questions were standard ones asked all the time.

wackyquack

not all of them .... someone put up a list of dot points that hadn't been examined and quiet a few of them were in the exam....

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Teamwork huh?

Captain Gh3y said:
Ok, this is ignoring the multiple choice questions, there's no use trying to predict them anyway.

Obviously the exam paper will have content that was also in the previous 4 exams; there's pretty much always going to be projectile motion question, a question on a motor, a question on transformers... etc.

But if the exam writers want to use the parts of the syllabus that did not prominently feature in the last 4 exams, you could expect questions on:

SPACE:

- Present info on the rocket scientists

- Comparing low earth and geostationary orbits

- Orbital decay

- Safe re-entry into atmosphere and landing, incl. angle of re-entry.

- Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation, and the Slingshot Effect.

- Implications of Relativity on Space Travel (although relativity of its own right has been very thoroughly examined, especially the MM experiment)

- Einstein's Thought Experiments, relationship between thought and reality, and relationship between theory and evidence. (maybe)

MOTORS & GENERATORS

- Torque; Fd or BiancosX (neither have been touched on; force between parallel current carrying wires has come up a lot, however)

- Application of motor effect to Galvanometer and Loudspeaker

- Faraday's Law, concept of magnetic flux density (maybe)

- Application of eddy currents to electromagnetic breaking (Lenz' law in general has been thoroughly examined, and also they've asked about cooktops once)

- Comparison between generators and motors; AC and DC (maybe)

- First hand investigation to demonstrate production of AC

- Investigation to model transformers and how secondary voltage is produced (hasn't been touched yet)

- vp/vs = np/ns problems

- Discuss how eddy currents in transformers are overcome

- Impact of transformers on society (has only been asked indirectly - has not had a full 8 marker dedicated to it with direct syllabus quotation in the question)

- Analyse energy transfers/transformations; conversion of electrical energy into useful forms in home and industry (maybe...)

IDEAS TO IMPLEMENTATIONS

- Cathode Ray Tube Experiments (cathode rays in general have barely been touched, the exam writers favoured p-e effect, semiconductors and superconductors)

- The role of components in a TV (electrodes, plates/coils, fluoro screen)

- How forces (E or B) are used to manipulate stream of charbed particles (maybe)

- Hertz' Experiment (there is 3 dotpoints on this and it hasn't been touched) and also the 1st hand investigation to produce/receive radio waves

- Planck's Hypothesis - Quantisation (there has been a question directly on Einstein's contribution, but not Planck's hypothesis)

- The Einstein/Planck's differing views mini-essay has not come up yet...

- Discussing how shortcomings in old technology lead to the development of transistor thru increased knowledge of properties (maybe)

- Electrons in solids being shared between atoms, moving freely (maybe)

- Use of germanium because we didn't know how to extract better stuff (maybe)

- Doping, differences between p and n type semiconductors (all these maybe's are because semiconductors themselves have been frequently asked about, but it's just these 3 or 4 dotpoints have not been DIRECTLY asked about, although aspects of them would have been mentioned in answering the other questions, since several of them were of a high mark value)

- Impact of transistors on society... (rama_v was correct... They've done impact of generators, transformers, superconductors on society, but not transistors yet)

- Describe conduction as free movement of electrons

- Identify that resistance is scattering of electrons by lattice

- Discuss BCS theory (has indirectly come up already)

- Process info to identify the metals, alloys, compounts used as superconductors (superconductors have also been frequently asked about, but once again there's a few dotpoints that weren't DIRECTLY examined)

- Use of superconductors in transport and power generation/distribution has only come up once, I think it was a 2, 3 or 4 mark question. Because there's 3 dotpoints on it, I'd say there's some chance it'll come up again.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Hot damn, you champion. Thank you very much!

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Teamwork huh?
umm sorry... i guess you did all the work argh... but i also looked through the thing

there is a chance that they might ask for experiments this time..

there is a projectile motion question...[04+03]

i rekon that they tend to focus more on one topic through out the second section but i dont know... yeah i guess i agree with all the ones you listed

serge

HSC
I think sometimes if they realise a topic isnt being taught
properly one year (ie really bad results) they'll test that
section next year with a question worth more marks

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
btw this is only the 3rd yr of the new ammended syllabus

helper

HSC
N/A
And then bring it back in another form:
Removed:
gather, process and analyse secondary information to describe the relationship in solar cells between the photoelectric effect, semiconductors, electric fields and current

Last years question
The solar cell is able to produce a current due to the photoelectric effect and the electrical properties of the n-type and p-type layers.
Use this information to outline the process by which light shining on the solar cell produces an electric current that can light up a light globe.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
helper said:
And then bring it back in another form:
Removed:
gather, process and analyse secondary information to describe the relationship in solar cells between the photoelectric effect, semiconductors, electric fields and current

Last years question
The solar cell is able to produce a current due to the photoelectric effect and the electrical properties of the n-type and p-type layers.
Use this information to outline the process by which light shining on the solar cell produces an electric current that can light up a light globe.
this is GAY!!! wtf why would they do this???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)