double degree or single? (1 Viewer)

speed2

HSC
hey guys, yr12 grad here wanting to do actuarial studies. But iam not sure if i should do a single degree or double (prob. applied finance/acctuarial).

could you guys help me out by telling me the pros and cons of doing single or double.

thanks

CrashOveride

HSC
Double: Looks better on transcript but takes 4 years vs. 3 years with single.

However, when you do double you will get your part II in those 4 years (which is not the case with the single degree...I think you have to do like a masters then or something in that case).

Double also allows you to also study more non-actuarial units so that you're not too bored ;)

As a side note, I think most of the doubles were like a high 97+ last year so in the case that your UAI is not sufficient, do not worry. As long as you can just get into the single then switching to the double after 1 year is easy (every single or double has virtually exactly the same 1st year).

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Double, since actuarial is proclaimed as the biggest fucker ever. That way you can study other non actuarial related stuff and also have something else to fall back on if it is too big of a fucker.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hehe.. its pretty much a question of.. whether u have other interests like computing/maths/finance/stat (ugh)

if ur really passionate abt actuarial only and would like to have a masters degree I guess thats the only reason why someone would choose the single - either way u gotta spend 4 yrs coz of part II

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)