• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Double degree to single for UNSW (1 Viewer)

triheart

HSC
Hey guys, for those current/past students from UNSW I'm currently doing Bach of commerce/engineering (double degree). If I drop engineering and I want to only do commerce do I require to have a min WAM of 75 to internally transfer? or I could simply transfer to single commerce degree without fulfilling that requirement.
Please tell me I don't need the requirement, scoring a D average is really difficult especially doing two degrees as once. Thanks in advance.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I don't understand the "doing two degrees at once is hard" line (in first year, at least). I know Engo/Comm doubles who have shorter timetables (by entire days) and courses that are the same difficulty (or less tbh) that I do as just an Engo single.

You can drop it no wukkas, they can't force you to stay in it. Basically, you're enrolled as doing both degrees, so you just un-enroll from one of them (afaik)

triheart

HSC
I guess it depends which double degree your doing. Some degrees share things in common however like mines it doesn't really seem so. I thought the double degree and single degree are treated as both different courses so I thought I needed the requirement to transfer and go into single comm degree.
Is there a website in unsw that explains that situation of dropping from double to single? All i could find was this
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_ASB.html
Sorry for asking even though you answered me I wasn't quite convinced still.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
on the same note, if i wanted to do a double degree next year in commerce/economics and got the 2010 atar to do it*, do i need a D WAM etc?

* couldve done it this year if i wanted to

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
dude C wam should be enough, at uts I heard you have to go through UAC again and they combine your atar and WAM to get you in, since you had the ATAR, you have an easy chance.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess it depends which double degree your doing. Some degrees share things in common however like mines it doesn't really seem so. I thought the double degree and single degree are treated as both different courses so I thought I needed the requirement to transfer and go into single comm degree.
Is there a website in unsw that explains that situation of dropping from double to single? All i could find was this
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_ASB.html
Sorry for asking even though you answered me I wasn't quite convinced still.
(ii) A student may apply to discontinue the combined BE BCom programs and elect to complete either the BE or BCom degree in accordance with the rules governing award of that degree. Following discontinuation of one of the programs (BE or BCom), courses which count toward that program will not in general count toward the remaining single degree unless they meet the single degree requirements in their own right.
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2011/3715.html

on the same note, if i wanted to do a double degree next year in commerce/economics and got the 2010 atar to do it*, do i need a D WAM etc?

* couldve done it this year if i wanted to
you can use your ATAR

triheart

HSC
Oh so the WAM requirement is for students who didn't get the ATAR result to transfer into that course? Thanks for the clarification really appreciate it

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
yessssssssssssss ty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)