Double Degree vs Single Degree (1 Viewer)

mmmm.

HSC
I plan to get into the business industry but am not sure if i should just do a bachelor of commerce or if i should do a double degree, and even if i do do a double degree i wouldn't even know what my other degree would be. Could you guys help me out on which one i should do?

HSC
N/A
A lot of people tend to do Business/Commerce and Law as well as Business/Commerce and IT so if you have an interest in either Law or IT these double degrees could work for you, not to mention double degrees could be more beneficial. Otherwise, depending on what you plan to study within your commerce degree I don't see the need for a double degree.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Depends what you want to do in terms of career, major or general interest. Don’t do a second degree just for the sake of it.

mmmm.

HSC
A lot of people tend to do Business/Commerce and Law as well as Business/Commerce and IT so if you have an interest in either Law or IT these double degrees could work for you, not to mention double degrees could be more beneficial. Otherwise, depending on what you plan to study within your commerce degree I don't see the need for a double degree.
I have looked at the different double degrees but none of them really appeal to me. However it is just 1 more year and you have another degree which is why idk whether i should do a double degree or not. I plan to study finance/marketing

Depends what you want to do in terms of career, major or general interest. Don’t do a second degree just for the sake of it.
Career wise i plan on getting into finance (accounting/investment banking) or marketing

quickoats

HSC
I have looked at the different double degrees but none of them really appeal to me. However it is just 1 more year and you have another degree which is why idk whether i should do a double degree or not. I plan to study finance/marketing

Career wise i plan on getting into finance (accounting/investment banking) or marketing
You can do that in a single commerce degree with a double major in finance and mktg. MQ probably has the most explicitly simple system of double degrees and it demonstrates how it works pretty well. A single 3 year degree has one years worth of “electives” which are any random units that are outside the core of your degree (there are certain rules but yh). A 4 year double gets rid of these random units for 2 different degrees. This might be more restrictive as you can’t “roam free” like you can with random electives.

If your uni does 2 x3 year degrees in a 4 year double it will follow this format.

This may/may not be more attractive to prospective employers but it definitely doesn’t amount to juggling 2 whole degrees at once and taking on double the workload.

HSC
N/A

In addition to what @quickoats mentioned about double majors, have you also considered postgraduate options? Instead of doing a double degree, you could also study a Master of Finance for instance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)