Double degree worth it? (1 Viewer)

codislife

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking of doing engineering but was wondering I a engineering/commerce would be a better option? I'm not sure if it is necessary even though it seems like it may be more compressed and difficult without going in depth for each course. Can anyone doing this sort of option please shed some light on this?

Thanks

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I always say go for the double because its harder to transfer in a course then dropping it.

D94

HSC
N/A
The Engineering degree in any combined option will go into pretty much the same depth as a single degree. All it excludes are the general education electives and maybe 1 or 2 professional electives (which are of your choice and do not even have to be under your School or major).

For Commerce, it is a bit different, but you will meet the requirements of a major, but not the equivalent of a single Commerce degree (since you have extra UOC in a single).

But as Omnipotence said, apply for the double.

Astro551

HSC
Only issue I could see is with length, it is 5.5 years long which is longer than most (bar med and some law degrees). Ask some people doing it/people who have graduated if you get a chance because they generally give the best advice regarding the course structure and content itself based on their experience.

But yeh as people have said it's more of a hassle to transfer in to something (by no means impossible though, if you have decent marks) than to drop a part.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
I always say go for the double because its harder to transfer in a course then dropping it.
This. Ive heard they are a very good combo. Firms that employ people with commerce degrees are known to love more scientifically minded graduates because of their way of thinking. Having an engineering degree with your commerce degree will definitely give you a leg up in both industries when it comes to job applications

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)