Double Degree (1 Viewer)

these days

HSC
N/A
is there a difference in combined degree and a double degree?
also how many hours for a commerce/law degree, and how many for science/commerce degree?
thanks

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Dunno if a doudble degree actually exists.

I know that if you do a combined degree, you get two degrees written on your testamur.

frenchie

HSC
A "double degree" is the same as a combined degree. I do Arts/Commerce, and basically was 13-14 hrs a week for me. I think Law/Commerce is a bit higher...maybe 16-17+ (just from what a friend does). A combined course leads to recieving two award courses...so if you are Law/Commerce you get both a Bachelor of Law and a Bachelor of Commerce...separate, distinct...TWO. You don't get a Bachelor of Law/Commerce. Also it's very easy to transfer to a single award course...i.e. after a year of Arts/Commerce it is no hassle to move to simply a Commerce degree or simply an Arts degree. But it would differ depending on the faculty, and since law is always combined with something not sure how it would go...

That's about it. Consult the handbooks online or Degree Pathways on www.arts.usyd.edu.au they have a good explanation of how the combination of two degrees (in this case Arts/Commerce) works.

Goodluck, hope you found this helpful. :D

these days

HSC
N/A
thanks frenchie!
also i am from HK, have been here for 2 and a half years, doing 2U advance eng, however i know that law required high level of english, i am just not sure if i can manage even if i get in, do u think if i work really, it would be alright?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
comm/law people in 2nd year at Usyd are doing about 12hrs a week (3 days a week)

Com/science is about 22-25 hours a week, depends on whether you're going to be overloading or not and depends on what sciences you do.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz... sci pplz are more likely to overload themselves... they like to torture themselves... ^.^

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
xiao1985 said:
lolz... sci pplz are more likely to overload themselves... they like to torture themselves... ^.^
That or they're indecisive as to majors.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
torture is good :p

stag_j

There is a difference between double degree and combined degree. Normally all of the courses where you complete two degrees are combined degrees.
Double degree is a special thing you can do if you combine engineering and science (maybe it exists for other things but not that i know of).
If you do a combined BE/BSc then you study both simultaneously and at the end of 5 years you get the two degrees. In a double degree you start off in combined BE/BSc, then at start third year you transfer to BSc and after that year you get your science degree. Then you transfer back into BE for the last two years and get the BE at the end of that.
I think you can only do it this way if you major in certain things for the science degree - basically maths, physics, etc that you study anyway in the first couple of years of an engineering degree.

puffkenny

HSC
I do Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Commerce atm. It's a killer I tell ya, I do 24 hours right now. :mad: :vcross:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
puffkenny said:
I do Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Commerce atm. It's a killer I tell ya, I do 24 hours right now. :mad: :vcross:
OMG!!! makes me feel loved... me too!!! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)