Double degrees and seperate GPA's (1 Viewer)

angelao

HSC
N/A
I'm currently on my second (going onto third) year of a B.Science/Commerce at USYD. I've done well (d's mainly) in the commerce side of things but ive stuffed up in some of my science subjects - a couple fails, but mainly passes/a few credits.

Firstly, is it possible once i finish my combined degree to have 2 seperate GPA's to give to employers? Ie, a GPA which shows only my commerce subjects, or is it all combined together? My main concern is that once i complete this degree my GPA will be shit, and when i apply for jobs (i want to major in business information systems - and pursue employment with my commerce degree) - if i've read correctly, they check your GPA, and thus will reject my application.

I'm pretty intent on doing both degrees, but i believe that i may have to pursue a third option and that is to drop the commerce degree and finish my science first (ive completed more of the science subjects). Then start a commerce degree elsewhere which im hoping will reset my GPA and i can then return to USYD, is this correct? Of course, im hoping that theres just a way to stay and employers can ignore the science marks or better yet theres a possibility for 2 GPA's - even though that seems pretty far-fetched..

Also, if i do the third option - ie, finishing science, starting commerce in another uni and returning to USYD - will USYD use results if ive studies with them before to put towards a GPA?

Last edited:

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
no u cant pick and choose what goes into your gpa. its your overall acedemic record.

if you do say 4 years at one uni, then transfer in the final year to "reset" your gpa, they will mostl ikely ask u to preoduce your frist 4 years academic results.

best u just finish what your doing with flying colors then explain you were a douche bag in your first year, but u have changed your ways since then as reflected in my final 2 years results

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)