Double Degrees (1 Viewer)

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
This may seem somewhat obvious but I'm looking for clarification. I'm fairly keen on doing economics, philosophy, social/political sciences etc. something interesting of that nature at Uni. Doing one degree for 3-4 years seems extremely limited and unexciting to me. Am I able to do 2 degrees if they're not explicitly offered together and how much longer would it take?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If it's two 3 year courses you're interested in, then a double degree is typically 4.5 years. That can be done in more/less time, depending on how many subjects you do per session.

If the combined double isn't offered, your best bet is to call/email the uni your interested in and ask them directly.

muzeikchun852

HSC
This may seem somewhat obvious but I'm looking for clarification. I'm fairly keen on doing economics, philosophy, social/political sciences etc. something interesting of that nature at Uni. Doing one degree for 3-4 years seems extremely limited and unexciting to me. Am I able to do 2 degrees if they're not explicitly offered together and how much longer would it take?
Economics, philosophy and social/political sciences sound like B. Economics/ B.Arts to me and I think most universities do offer it as a double degree.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Economics, philosophy and social/political sciences sound like B. Economics/ B.Arts to me and I think most universities do offer it as a double degree.
USyd doesn't offer B. Economics/B. Arts. They only offer the B Commerce/B. Arts double degree. The way economics and commerce is structured is basically the same, just you have to get a commerce major instead of an economics major. (you can major in economics as part of a commerce degree if you want).

Also note that the ATAR is usually the same as the cut-off of the higher of the two degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)