Double Degrees (1 Viewer)

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
Hey all! I was just wondering, even though u people prob. think that i am a freak to even think about this since i am in yr 10, but anyway, does Newcastle Uni offer double degrees in Medical Radiation and Music? I have tried to find info and the careers adviser at school didn't want to see me (he's telling everyone to go to tafe) and i was wondering if any of u guys know... Thanks heaps

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I dont think that you would be able do do that combination of degree, the workload for medical radiation is pretty crazy as it is ( i have friends doing it ) but you should email the program covener for the degree and ask about it (i'll find the address later if you want, i gotta go to class now though :()

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think you're quite sane to be considering this in year 10. I wish I had of. It would have helped tremendously in regards to subject selections, I think.

Still, it is usually not allowed to do combined or double degrees in intense workload subjects. It's the same with me for nanotechnology and mathematics.

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
Thanks, I have been doing music since yr 1 so it seems a waste to just give it up, awell, maybe i can do a degree in music after i finish that degree....

Thanks guys

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
uni of newcastle website said:
Combined Degree Programs
Students undertaking a Combined Degree Program undertake a demanding academic program. If you are commencing or continuing in a combined degree program you should ensure that you:

consult the relevant program entries in the Undergraduate Handbook to clarify the requirements for each program;

ensure that courses selected are appropriate for the awards for which you are studying;

consult a designated Combined Degree Officer in the relevant faculties or the Faculty Office where clarification is needed;

consult the Faculty Office regularly, particularly before re-enrolling, to ensure that your are familiar with any changes to award requirements.

If you are a combined degree program student, you should also note that a combined degree program is more demanding in terms of time commitment, and that scheduling of classes and assessment may sometimes coincide. Moreover, you may not be able to complete the requirements for the two awards in minimum time.

Students in combined degree programs are therefore advised to consult their Faculty Offices regularly. Faculty Offices are able to ensure that students are aware of any changes to the requirements for the program, and that they receive assistance in planning their study
here is the address to ask the health faculty any questions you have:
Health-Enquiries@newcastle.edu.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)