Double headed arrows in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
In a recent chem assesment I lost a lot of marks for writing double headed arrows on acid base reaction equations (stupidly). However, my teacher was nice enough to give me 1 mark (out of 2) for my equations regardless, as they were otherwise correct. My question is, were I to make this mistake in the HSC what deduction would a marker likely give me? Would I get 0 for doing this even if the equation was otherwise perfect? Thanks!

photastic

HSC
Hmm, in science, the marking criteria changes every year, well slightly. I would suggest you use the cityrail arrows for equilibrium because the double headed arrow represents a resonance reaction. Just keep your responses perfect to prevent minor issues.

2xL

HSC
Hmm, in science, the marking criteria changes every year, well slightly. I would suggest you use the cityrail arrows for equilibrium because the double headed arrow represents a resonance reaction. Just keep your responses perfect to prevent minor issues.
Correct, double headed arrow represents resonance. Totally different to equilibrium.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I meant that arrow, I just didn't know what to call it so I went with double headed (didn't realise it was something else). I wrote the normal equilibrium arrow, but for a neutralisation reaction.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I meant that arrow, I just didn't know what to call it so I went with double headed (didn't realise it was something else). I wrote the normal equilibrium arrow, but for a neutralisation reaction.
CityRail arrows.

But seriously, they're called equilibrium arrows.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I live in the country we don't have trains! But seriously, can anyone else give me an answer to the question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)