doubling up (1 Viewer)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
lets say i had a story for journeys
and lets just say that it is also really suitable for my extension english topic...
would i get into trouble if i used the same story (modified slightly) in my extension english exam?

HSC
if it answers the question then i dont see why you can't use it. a friend of mine used the same story for both adv. english and ee1 and he got band 6's for both subjects so using the same story didnt hurt his chances...

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
watatank said:
if it answers the question then i dont see why you can't use it. a friend of mine used the same story for both adv. english and ee1 and he got band 6's for both subjects so using the same story didnt hurt his chances...
oh wow that sounds good :D
i feel a tad better, my adv teacher said it's not an issue of getting caught but more an issue of answering the question and if i do that ie. modify it for journeys and then modify it for ext then it shouldn't be a problem.
i've done that but i'm still feeling paranoid, maybe its just stupid exam stress

FromDeeEast

HSC
no dont, they actually cross reference every single essay from adv with ee1 and ee2 to make sure no 1 remotely uses the same idea

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
FromDeeEast said:
no dont, they actually cross reference every single essay from adv with ee1 and ee2 to make sure no 1 remotely uses the same idea
is that a hint of sarcasm i detect there? :rolleyes:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
[comment]I would've pulled it off better.[/comment]You should be fine with that, at least you'll have a story up for extension english :eek:
I won't have one ready either :(. Creative writing sucks. So do essays.

English sucks. :(

mzduxx2006

HSC
ahen said:
lets say i had a story for journeys
and lets just say that it is also really suitable for my extension english topic...
would i get into trouble if i used the same story (modified slightly) in my extension english exam?
OMG Nah im doing the same thing. Why create 2 diff stories when one will be good for both....modified slightly though :D

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
woohoo! modifying ftw :D

tanjin and soulsearcher i'm sure you'll be fine :)
i agree creative sucks, normally its ok but for exams argh

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ahen said:
woohoo! modifying ftw :D

tanjin and soulsearcher i'm sure you'll be fine :)
i agree creative sucks, normally its ok but for exams argh
shup neha.

but shanks for the encouragement. :D

I have no idea about what I could possibly base my story on. RTFG is hard when it comes to creative writing. Bargh!

HSC
pomo creative writing is the best. i still dont have an idea for friday tho :mad1:

starrysky

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
pomo creative writing is the best. i still dont have an idea for friday tho :mad1:
I need one too, for speculative fiction. Fuck, I hoe they don't do some weird crap like last year's HSC and specify that your creative explores this particular concept or etches this particular theme as its focus, blah blah, fuck you, Board of Studies.

Alas, my philosophical piece of shit for a Journeys creative is in no way related to speculative fiction. Hence ... dilemma.

*stares at Biology books*

*stares at EE1 notes that aren't done ... or ... rather, haven't been started*

Bah.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
-agrees with megan-
im pretty sure theres nothing wrong with it - although my story would`ve been hard to relate back to crime fiction. thank god i dropped ext eng ! =)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
lol i purposely wrote my story so that it was a physical journey and was littered with gendered language

just paranoid that someone will decide to mark gendered language AND advanced this year, then i'll be screwed ( if they come across my adv story) ok i suppose its pretty unlikely...
shutup tanjin :p trust me you're in a better position than me, i only understood the purpose of our course 2 days before the trials

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
There's nothing to catch you on, provided it is your own work.

Girl in my English classes appropriated her EE2 Major to fit EE1 and Adv, and she has been doing fairly well with it.

Just make sure it fits the question and you're fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)