• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Downfall (1 Viewer)

know_it_all

thought the flick was excellent
n it helped that i knew wat was going on
like we were like..thats Speer! lol so sad
but twas gud

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I had no idea that Traudl Junge (secretary/main character) emmigrated to Australia (why snub south america?). I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Saw the film and loved it. Thought it was an accurate and sincere portrayal without any sense of hidden political/revisionist motives. By the end of it I really did believe that the actors were their real life counterparts- reflection of the good acting. A little long for some maybe, but that didn't phase my enjoyment one bit. Great film. I never really found myself sympathising with Hitler, but some of the supporting characters drew some of my sympathy- like the SS officers. I suppose because of the doctor character, and that this film wasn't concerned with the atrocities of the Nazis.
I've heard a few things about some people (Jewish organisations maybe) complaining about the lack of holocaust in the film... personally I reckon that the holocaust was way beyond the scope of this film (which is Hitlers downfall) but I can see a valid point here. I guess I'm thinking of the less informed viewers, who may know very little about the whole Nazi nightmare, that they are getting an incomplete picture of Hitler and the Nazis from this film. What are peoples thoughts on this?

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
The Pianist...I found that a little...stilted...even though he won the oscar and everything (kissing halle berry accepting it)

ANyone seen good bye lenin? I love that film. It's beautiful and very German (might have something to do with the fact it's german) and I'm listening to the soundtrack at the moment.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Goodbye Lenin looks awesome. Nothing with a plot like that could be bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)