Downloading notes off Bored of Studies (1 Viewer)

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
Is it a smart move?
Or am I just shooting myself in the foot?

enoilgam

HSC
Because it's someone else's work, hence might be harder to memorise
It depends on the person. I'd prefer to write my own notes, since I learn way more by writing. Some people can look over another person's notes and that is fine for them.

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
It depends on the person. I'd prefer to write my own notes, since I learn way more by writing. Some people can look over another person's notes and that is fine for them.
I guess I can try, if I don't memorise it, then I'll write my own notes

ocatal

HSC
You can use it as an alternative source of information when writing your own notes.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it a smart move?
Or am I just shooting myself in the foot?
Downloading notes off bored of studies is a smart move, however rote learning notes off bored of studies is NOT a smart move since you won't understand the concepts and the hardest questions in the exam will be testing your understanding, not memorising ability. The best approach should always involve looking at how other people make their notes and making your own notes by deciding on a format that is the most suitable for you-i.e. if you are a visual learner, you may choose to categorise information into mind maps and so forth. Ultimately, besides a very small minority that is superb memory, you are much better off to put in the hard work-because you reap what you sow. Best wishes for acing your studies this year:)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I downloaded notes off here, I usually took bits and pieces and ended up making my own consolidated notes.

You shouldn't be relying on set of notes downloaded off here! Remember to really understand what you're reading and apply it to relevant HSC past papers. Best of luck with your studies.

HSC
All I'll say is if I didn't have the notes off BOS as a guide, especially for English I would have most definetley not known what to bs about!

bongoli

HSC
Use it as a study guide, to see the standard and to see if you can actually complement your understanding with other's notes and information. You benefit much more that way.

ShadowLighte

HSC
I rewrite the notes I download, of course making sure that I understand it first. Sometimes it's hard for me to phrase things or set things out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)