dr du entrance exam year 10 (1 Viewer)

bernkastel

HSC
so im in year 10 and am going to dr du for math in term 4. so if any of you can tell me what i can expect in the entrance exam it’ll help a lot
im hoping to get into a2.

also if you can let me know any good resources to study for it then ill be happy

Last edited:

howcanibesmarter

HSC
Its likely to be the same topics ur doing at school, so I wouldn't fret too much since I don't think they test that far ahead for yr10. Because ur doing it in term4, just do past yearly papers, that will cover all topics and is probably similar difficulty.

Galactic Drama

HSC
Call them up and ask what topics the students have covered in term 2 and 3 and focus on those topics. A majority of the questions will come from there.

IllStaunchYa

HSC
Yeah they have multiple tests and they can vary in difficulty but are usually the same topics (3, if i remember correctly.)
I'm pretty sure they're going to quiz you on the last 2 or so terms, but be prepared to study for term 3 topics ( I did the test pretty much this time last year, and I got logarithms among 2 other things which I forgot.) In terms of resources, you should do the chapter review for subjects you've already learnt and go through the cambridge chapters (maybe not fully - e.g. every last column of each question) which you think may be on the test.
Some advise for du:
Don't worry if you don't get into a2 because the kids in a3 are kinda dropkicks, and the tests are pretty easy so long as you finish the homework so it's very possible to move up in your first term. Also, from second hand experience be wary of big Du (he teaches poorly), as well as his son who has a very unique teaching style. Charles et al. and the student teachers are usually great, though

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Yeah they have multiple tests and they can vary in difficulty but are usually the same topics (3, if i remember correctly.)
I'm pretty sure they're going to quiz you on the last 2 or so terms, but be prepared to study for term 3 topics ( I did the test pretty much this time last year, and I got logarithms among 2 other things which I forgot.) In terms of resources, you should do the chapter review for subjects you've already learnt and go through the cambridge chapters (maybe not fully - e.g. every last column of each question) which you think may be on the test.
Some advise for du:
Don't worry if you don't get into a2 because the kids in a3 are kinda dropkicks, and the tests are pretty easy so long as you finish the homework so it's very possible to move up in your first term. Also, from second hand experience be wary of big Du (he teaches poorly), as well as his son who has a very unique teaching style. Charles et al. and the student teachers are usually great, though
Charles the goattt! Finally he gets some recognition.
Just to add to this, given you're going for du in T4, you'll need to have a decent grasp on real functions and coordinate geo.

3 hrs of Sleep

HSC
Well I do Dr Du and being in A1 I honestly felt like the entrance test was a letdown and was not as hard as it has been hyped up to. However some of my friends have been put in lower classes even though they are reasonably smart. Even though I am in a grade below you I feel like if you know your fundamentals and know your theorems you will comfortably get a2. However there are weekly quizzes and if you do badly in them you can be dropped. Good luck.

cwgawghsssawnt

HSC
basically just yr 10 content. also you should prolly know that in yr 10 for the A class, du accelerates. for example in the yr 10 one, after semester 1, all the booklets change to 'yr 11 ext1' even though youre doing the yr 10 course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)