dr du online courses removed (1 Viewer)

landoffire

HSC
N/A
hi all,

just wondering, is there a reason why dr du has decided to remove online videos for a1/2? the receptionist said that a1/2 videos will only be available on campus. doesn't this contradict the point of the video class (saving travel time, convenience etc)??

idkkdi

HSC
hi all,

just wondering, is there a reason why dr du has decided to remove online videos for a1/2? the receptionist said that a1/2 videos will only be available on campus. doesn't this contradict the point of the video class (saving travel time, convenience etc)??
Scared of pirating lmao

landoffire

HSC
N/A
Bc its the higher levels that people usually pirate. No point in pirating revision
a3 is equally priced as a1, with b roughly $100 less. also, correct me if I'm wrong, a1-3 have the same video.

landoffire

HSC
N/A
You bring a fair point there, but its clearly a mystery because dr du is becoming more and more of success due to their students that are predominantly advanced in their studies. My best guess would be that Du students in a2-a1 move through content rigorously and promptly, leaving the needed content to be reviewed prior to balling out on higher levels of the given topic, and this gives way for more content to be shown on levels a2-a1, hence why they may have removed the videos so quickly.
ok, I see where you are coming from. I guess it makes sense that they would remove the videos with more content, but what about a3 and B? It's not like there's no content in there. Do they just not care about them or smth lol

landoffire

HSC
N/A
One thing we need to get out of the way is that Dr Du cares only about the students that will make their company succeed, and this is no shots against people in 3's and B, because it's the cold heart truth. People who even have the slightest disadvantage in concepts are immediately not catered for because they are not 'smart' enough, or something along those lines. Yes, to put it as lightly as I could, they just don't care. Their reputation is their only mission and goal, and if their strategy Is to block out other students who pay exactly the same price, so be it. This is exactly why I left and am sticking to matrix and ngo and sons, until my hsc years where the homework from dr du may be helpful (Saves me cash and mental stress).
your reply is a bit off topic (maybe deserves its own thread), however I can agree with you on how dr du seems to shut out a3 and and B. on the other hand, dr du does have many state rankers and proven results, and it is pretty rewarding if you put in the effort. also, what do you mean by "until my hsc years where the homework from dr du may be helpful"? do you find the hw not worth doing?

landoffire

HSC
N/A
Slight intercept though, As many would agree, the people in a2-a1 are naturally gifted, which usually leads to the fantastic marks they receive. But it sometimes becomes disheartening for people when Dr. Du takes credit for these achievements. Instead of Initializing a state ranker's math and English results on their hall of fame, they illustrate their atars. It just hits you the wrong you know? Because these people didn't just get good atars from just math and English, they excelled in all subjects. I completely agree, it is quite rewarding but In some people's situations, time for all these studies becomes absolutely traumatic, as co-cirriculars in most private schools are every day or twice each week for sport + cadets (2 times a day), both activities usually require 1.5hrs after school. The fact that these videos that they show, are deleted within the first 2-3 days, becomes tedious and unnecessarily intensive, especially for me being in the second class on du's campus. I'm scared of what 1sts do honestly because that is godspeed in productivity.
hmm.. i think we might go the same school haha. i do agree with you on the hw and its mental load but it usually won't take more than 3-4 hours (I am also involved in co-curricular, cadets, sport etc so I understand the stress). just to clarify, is it okay if I ask about when you left dr du and which class you were in?

landoffire

HSC
N/A
I started from a3, got into a2's via those quizzes, left this yr T2
You bring a good point about the time it usually takes, It's most probably due to my time regulation
how many pages of hw did u have per week? did u do the ocqs?

landoffire

HSC
N/A
What class are you in?
a3. I do online, and im gonna go try get in to a2 by sitting the quiz, but im not sure about going anymore since there is no more online option which is a massive inconvenience

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
its going to be on next year's content, they may make them very clustered, but other than that, its just next year's content man

landoffire

HSC
N/A
You need to rewatch those videos multiple times if you have the time, and possibly even redo the homework to get a good feel on how the topic flows. the quiz tests the knowledge of both the concept you are learning currently and older topics you have covered so be cautious.
how much of previous topics will be tested? will the questions be around the difficulty of ocqs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)