• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dr President Ron Paul (1 Viewer)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Re: Doctor President Pon Raul

ZabZu said:
Various surveys have showed that given the choice of tax cuts or more/better services, most voters say they prefer to have more/better services. I agree that most of the time individuals should be able to decide for themselves. However, the government should spend a significant amount of money on essential services such as health and education.

Which surveys have you been looking at? Major studies in Australia have shown that although more social spending is becoming a more popular response, tax cuts are still definitely in the lead and have been for a loooong time. (narrowing, thankfully).

http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/rp/2003-04/04rp13.htm and there's another one if you want a look.

I just did some bigarse presentation on that exact question. But anyway, continue.

volition

arr.
HSC

mises.org is good, although I think Lew Rockwell and the others are just going too easy on Ron Paul. They're supporting him too much for it to be healthy. If you read Lew Rockwell's site, Ron Paul is basically Jesus over there.

Ron Paul should only be supported in that he is raising awareness about the cause of libertarianism. His presidential campaign will not "save us", and he will not be able to infiltrate the government and turn it against itself, this has been tried many times before and failed every time. You won't bring the system down by working within the system, it is heavily weighted against you.

If you want freedom, give up participation in the political process, and this will at least be a start. Stop pretending that democracy has an influence on what your inalienable rights as a human are.

ZabZu

HSC

Josie said:
Which surveys have you been looking at? Major studies in Australia have shown that although more social spending is becoming a more popular response, tax cuts are still definitely in the lead and have been for a loooong time. (narrowing, thankfully).
I cant refer you to any studies but ive heard from 2 or 3 people (academics, writers) that people prefer services to tax cuts.

ZabZu said:
Im no expert on taxes in the US. However, i thought the reason why medical care in the US is so expensive is because the government does not subsidise the health care of Americans. The goal of hospitals and health insurance companies is to maximise profit, they dont care about the welbeing of the sick.
Schroedinger said:
What a convincing argument. Why do you disagree with me?

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

The American Health Care system is so complex no one actually understands it.

There's a lot of red tape and regulation that doesn't need to be there whether it's through the market or the government taking hold.

There was one good thing I heard through Dr Paul Ron is that why can't nurses gives prescriptions for some items? Why do you always need to see a doctor? Maybe there should be another class of Rx that is forged out of the doctor's prescription class now. The AMA is, in a sense, "colluding" (I realise how crazy this sounds btw) and market forces can't undercut the price floor.

Last edited:

volition

arr.
HSC

yea i hear licensing is just one way they keep costs up. It's basically rent-seeking on behalf of organisations like AMA (who profit from keeping the supply of doctors etc low). They do this under the pretense of "keeping medical standards high enough".

Now this wouldn't be a problem in a free market because there would be no government enforcing this "standard" via violence.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Yea I watched it, he did get kicked around a fair bit... but all the candidates have, it's a lot better show than ours.
I thought he came off not bad (haven't finished watching it atm).

He was put under the gun with the "why do you sponsor earmarks for your own constituents then vote against them?" question and he responded pretty shitty. He should have just clearly said "Because I want my district to get back the money it pays in tax in projects and be at some sort of equilibrium".

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
ron paultards actually are pretty nuts irl

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Take a Look at the REAL reason behind Ron Paul's Limited Government policy

What role should the personal faith of a President play in his/her decision-making?

Ron Paul Position: It should play a strong role "Like the Founding Fathers, the core of my political philosophy is grounded in the knowledge that rights come from the Creator, not the government. Since rights do not come from the gov't, the gov't cannot violate those rights. Religion has a very important role to play in a limited gov't philosophy."
Read BILL O'REILLY''s ESSAY on the WAR ON CHRISTMAS..

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html

OH WAIT, IT's BY RON PAUL.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
Take a Look at the REAL reason behind Ron Paul's Limited Government policy

Read BILL O'REILLY''s ESSAY on the WAR ON CHRISTMAS..

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html

OH WAIT, IT's BY RON PAUL.
I don't understand what's wrong with this???

Paul supports limited government and is NOT going to impose his thoughts on anyone...

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
jb_nc said:
I don't understand what's wrong with this???
His essay? Eh, I think the rights whole "War on Christmas" is overblown.

That essay is quite informative. Paul writes that the Founding Fathers envisioned America as a Christian nation, whereas some would say they were proud secularists. This could be a dealbreaker for some.

People should still vote for him based on his foreign policy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)