• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Drag Racing (1 Viewer)

Jiga

So has anyone been? Im thinking about going to race some friends, is it worth the $45? Is it good? Im not 100% sure to go cos from the Western Sydney International Dragway site I got the impression that it was more for people with street legal cars that are racing competitively but I just want to race my friends and see whos fastest etc.

alexxxz

HSC
i reakon it'd be awesome fun, i'm heading up to WSID with my brother in a couple weeks and we are gonna run eachother. i've been there a few times before. plenty of people go just to race their mates!

CieL

HSC
Like alexxxz said, majority of people are there to race their friends..

I know people who go in with stock civics, some dc2's, some dc2r's.. etc.. and occasionally you might see the odd AMG

But yeah, I think you need to bring your own helmet?

alexxxz

HSC
afaik you need your own helmet i'm not sure if you can hire them there. open face is fine apparently. also your car must not run below a 12 which requires an ANDRA racing licence. after that is below 11's which requres a rollcage... but i dont think many here will need this :D

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
My mate is heading down there soon to see what his celica will run, just for shits and giggles. Although you say you want to race your mates? Unless its organised beforehand its pretty hard to be partnered up with someone you want, you usually jump in the line and wait till you get to the lights and your competiter is random.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
So what happens in drag racing in Australia anyway? It sounds pretty 'organised'? I've only ever been been in Malaysia (Senpang for anyone who knows the area).

alexxxz

HSC
go with a big bunch of mates :D WSID is awesome... some nice cars, and its every wednesday!

Jiga

Thanks for da replies, sounds good.

Although you say you want to race your mates? Unless its organised beforehand its pretty hard to be partnered up with someone you want
Well I think you can register online.... but from the WSID site it said that if you want to race a mate you just have them slot in behind you in the line and then when it comes time you tell some official that you want to race them, and it gets organised like that.

Btw, how long is the race, I read quarter of a mile, whats that 200, 300m's? And what would be the top speed for say an average V6?

Mr Will

HSC
DaddyK said:
400 and a bit meters is a quater mile. And on a quater mile, you could probably reach 180.

or not...if you got to 180 you would be doing a damn fast quarter time...this will not be happening on an average v6.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
This is from memory, but I think an E36 M3 does 13.1@158kph. 180kph would be blistering - though I imagine some can do it.

Last edited:

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Mr Will said:
or not...if you got to 180 you would be doing a damn fast quarter time...this will not be happening on an average v6.
We did 180 in my mates 4 cyl 2ltr mazda 929 on a public road which is around the same length as a quater mile....so, yes.

EDIT: Then again im not 100% sure how long it is.

Jiga

I dont think it can get quite to 180, but close. From the specs Ive seen, my car (Toyota Vienta) does 0-100 in 9.4 seconds, and it does 400m in 16.8 seconds...... so best case scenario (consider the car is older so MIGHT not be quite that quick / the toyota may have given those figures which are exaggerated) it has 7 seconds to get from 100km/h to 180..... I doubt it, I recon 160.

Qlimax

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I dont think it can get quite to 180, but close. From the specs Ive seen, my car (Toyota Vienta) does 0-100 in 9.4 seconds, and it does 400m in 16.8 seconds...... so best case scenario (consider the car is older so MIGHT not be quite that quick / the toyota may have given those figures which are exaggerated) it has 7 seconds to get from 100km/h to 180..... I doubt it, I recon 160.

V6 Quad cam camry?

Jiga

V6 Quad cam camry?
I dont know to be honest, it says 'Four Cam' on the engine somewhere, its a 93 model, a review said the Vientas have quad cam as well.....

Why do you wanna know anyway?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I usually scoff at hotted up cars and guys trying to show off, but this drag racing thing sounds fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)