Drained of energy= no work getting done (1 Viewer)

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
When i get home from school I am so exhausted from a day of trudging from class to class, straining my brain to pay attention and catching 3 different kinds of public transport that I just collapse the moment I walk through my front door. I need some energy help. Should I take a nap when I get home or what? Maybe I'm just fucking lazy. But I need to stop doing this! How do all you study/homework ppl do it???? Any tips or advice? I'm eating really healthily and sleeping fine so i dunno what the hell is wrong... I don't want red bull or caffeine in my system but I want to be alert!

Trev

stix
HSC
im seriously the same most of the time, going to bed early in the morning and having to get up at 7 (i need alot of sleep to feel good), and after bout 2 weeks of doing this routine solid i feel physically trashed, i just get home and sleep till bout 7 and then i cant b shitted to do hw which is BAD :( i plan to change this yr.....

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I was in a very similar position during years 11 and 12. Studying was extremely hectic and didn't do ne thing but study. I was burnt out in the last semester. But I found that exercise and taking one day off from studying does help. Just do what you feel will alleviate your stress the most and then you may feel a little less worn out.

suteki

lol... i dunno how i did it... i guess i had a realllly active social life?... i had to get driven to a station. take a train then take a bus to school.. for hsc.. and i had to be at school at 8am everyday... got home late everyday..
just dont take study too hard.. take each assesment as it comes.. dont think that you have to study always 24/7..
chill out heaps at home.. even for an hour.. i used to go down to video ezy and rent out heaps of weekly dvds.. would watch in between studying.. just get lots of sleep and make sure u eat good stuff for brekkie =)..
i did.. and i got a uai in the high 80's... it was good enuf for me =)

pistolpete123

HSC
Having an afternoon nap is not good because its hard to break the habbit when it comes time later in the HSC to do heaps of study for exams in the afternoon and you feel sleepy. Afternoon nap is sign of lack of exercise during the week my PE teacher said :confused: A good quick-fix I recommend is to have a really cold shower when you get home, it rejuvinates you better than anything else, from my experience. :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'd disagree ... having an afternoon nap is perfectly fine. It not only re-energises you, but you feel much more better health wise if you have a nap. Even if its only for an hour, you will find it does you the world of good. You can't be expected to study 24/7. You need to have some time off. After your nap have a decent meal and you should be set to study for the next few hours.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
maybe you should try to eat better..... thats what i found was making me tired last yr

alien

HSC
i was in the same position... every time i had an afternoon nap i would just be even more tired when i woke up. you might need to change your sleeping pattern or diet to get more energy. combine this with more exercise and it should work. if it doesn't see a nutritionist or naturopath or something and they'll tell you some foods to eat that will totally fix things. don't eat heaps before studying because it stuffs you up too. the way i kept my brain fresh through the hsc was to go for a light 10 min walk every hour of study. or when your brain/body get fatigues, and snack during study but avoid big meals.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
yeah I had this problem to.. I was oo burnt out like 3 weeks b4 thte HSC.. which was a bad thing.. very very bad....

anyhow seriouly u need to eat healthier and dont pig out on junk.. go for a walk.. take ur mind off school work DONT think about it.. which is easier said then done I know...

Dont stay up till the wee hourse of the morning... heh I followed noen of this advice and was burnt out.. its not worth the burn out.. take a break
aslo look at this

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=56586

Last edited:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
when i get home from school, its the same, well not about the transport business, i drive to n from school, but when i get home i do nothing til about 7 or 8. i only study an hour a night. and i figure if you leave a nice long gap between getting home n studying, your much likely to do it more effectively. an hour goes like that! *snaps fingers* its nothing, and sometimes, i just wait til all the good tv shows are over, then study.

elisabeth

HSC
I usually:

3:30-5:30 work at pharmacy
5:30-6:00 travel home
6:00-6:30 have dinner

Then I get so knackered, I fall asleep for a few hours, but when I wake up, I'm too groggy to concentrate and do homework...

I normally get about 7-8hrs sleep a night. I eat pretty craply though, is that a major cause? I drink heaps of water, if that counts for anything.

This week I've gotten home at 4:30 (took week off from work), did hwk till 6, slept till 7:20, had dinner, done some more work till 10. Then I have only one freaking hour to relax! Damn. I'm sick of school already.

I'm pretty happy that I've managed to do all my hwk so far. Yeah, sounds wussy as, but I've never done homework properly in my whole school career. I hope I can keep this up, minus the nap.

sladehk

le random
HSC
i prefer:
go home, go to sleep, wake up for dinner, do honmework work/study play sleep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)