Drama or Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Mitchzmagic

HSC
Hi,

I dont know if I should do Drama or Legal Studies for the HSC.
I know they both have their ups and downs, so can someone tell me what they think.

Thanks.

topdeck

HSC
Go with what you enjoy the most. If you enjoy drama and you are good at it, then you are more likely to be motivated to work towards achieving good marks in it. On the other hand, if you cant stand performing, but really like social sciences etc, then perhaps legal would be better. Also, consider what other subjects you are doing. If your doing art and society and culture for example, then you may have a bit of a major work overload...

Rebecca1234

HSC
it really depends on you and what you like coz we can all sit here and say that legal is better or drama is better. I dont do either of them but i know people that do both. Alot of people i know say they love Drama and i have been in a play once before and it was really fun but you need to remember there is the theory side that isnt so fun whereas legal on the other hand is more about legal issues concerned in the world today and can be good as well. So all depends on what you like i know what i have said doesnt really make sense, but they both seem good to me. Both good courses to study which can take you a long way if you do well. Well goodluck :)

Kyroth***

HSC
I think drama is worth the effort, because you learn things you wouldn't learn elsewhere.

There's a lot to be said for being put into a group not of your choice, being given a random theme, and having to come up with a show to perform in front of your peers on the spot. Drama teaches you to do that, and think how well that corresponds to the work place. Not that I think you'll be asked to show what would happen if a super hero invaded a shopping centre at work, but being able to come up with something on the spot is a powerful tool, as are the group work skills that you'll inevitably get.

Also, the major work, though you will hate it at the time, is really worth doing. Being able to have something physical to show for a year of hard work - it's a cool thing. It makes you feel really good when you finally get it in. And the spaced out nature of the assessment can be really helpful to some people.

That said, if you like Legal better, do that. Do what's fun. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)