drawing diagrams in hsc (1 Viewer)

is a roflcopter
HSC
since the bos paper is all different to normal paper...

how big should they be?
and how big can they get without being too annoying? :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree!
use 3/4 of page for a diagram, and the rest of the lines to explain it

is a roflcopter
HSC
lol okies

fucken im going for double ribbon! :D

eeyore

ribbon effect?

I don't think diagrams need to be very big at all. Maybe 1/4 of your page?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by eeyore
ribbon effect?
It's when u go on to a second or third booklet for ur essays, u need to tie ur booklets with ribbon, hence the ribbon effect

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Our school is cheap - we get the crappy brown thread come rope effect.

Sorry, highly resenting my school at the moment. Cheap school.

Well we had the BoS booklets for our trials, and I only used about 1/4-1/2 for the diagram and about 1/4 explaining the diagram ... so all up it was just a little bit more than 1/2 for diagram and explanation. So I hope that helps :)

I want the ribbon (or rather cheap brown string come rope) effect, I don't care how big I have to write :p!

timmii

sporadic attendee
hehehe what a novel approach to diagrams.

answer: the size that allows you to demonstrate what you're trying to demonstrate. If its a complex one with curves moving all over the place etc, then it'd be larger than one which is static.

Don't make them too small to read, but also dont have it take up an entire page either, i think its more effective if your explanation is with the diagram rather than on the next page.

kt san

...but doesn't da size of da diagram...depend on the diagram itself?
and da importance of it?

monkey187

God
HSC
have a look @ the exemplar essays from last year they should give you a good idea on the size u need to use

HannieStar

I was speaking to a senior marker for eco and he said you can still get band six without diagrams:) He said the majority of people who use diagrams see it as a full explanation and thus do worse because they don't say anything concrete about the diagram- and thus what it relates to (gotta stop saying "thus" I sound like a wanker;))

So if anyone has troubles with diagrams- but can remember the theory, don't bother.

For size- they only need to be big enough for them to be clear;)

Blondie

i know all these diagrams....i just aways forget to put them in!! boohoo!

monkey187

God
HSC
yeh but all the exemplar essays from last year used diagrams i dont think it hurts to chuck em in just incase u didnt explain fully

Blondie

if you use a diagram, then explain it, then illustrate how the govt has done that, youd be sweet :)

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by monkey187
have a look @ the exemplar essays from last year they should give you a good idea on the size u need to use
can you show me the exemplars
cant seem to find them :(

HannieStar

Yeha- you can put them in. All that I am saying is if you have trouble with them-like me- don't bother. Just remember statistics instead.

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
can you show me the exemplars
cant seem to find them :(
This is the BOS freebie http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/multimedia/pdf_docs/economics/q25_b56_s3.pdf

But it does have a diagram on page 6 to give you an idea of size. Just remember there is not penalty for how big your diagram is. I think it was Einstien (or some other science dude) that said the only thing better than a diagram is a bigger one. As long as it's neat and legible you'll be fine ;)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Exemplars are in a sticky in the eco forum front page (thanks to zoodboog) and kindly stickied by very own forum deity, lazarus :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)