Drawing up a Table instead of writing it out -CHEM (1 Viewer)

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
So for those questions that ask for compare the difference between that and that, or explain the difference and relation between that and that, would it be alright to draw a table and write a sentence to address the question or would you write everything out?
Would drawing table only compromise the max amount of mark i get?

nephh22

HSC
Drawing a table is ABSOLUTELY fine as long as you address the question somewhere in those lines. :)

nightweaver066

HSC
Table is fine. Remember to name what you're comparing on the left side in a seperate column.

1981Grant

HSC
What I generally do when a question asks for compare is that I draw up a table with all the relevant info in it and then just incase I add in another column along the lines of similarities/differences/comparison just to make sure they can't take marks off me. I think the table is better because you don't have to write as much.

Aindan

HSC
make sure you explicitly use comparison words in your table. Such as "whereas", "conversely" "similarly"

1981Grant

HSC
make sure you explicitly use comparison words in your table. Such as "whereas", "conversely" "similarly"
Unlike, also, however, differing, similar to, the same as, varying from, etc

HSC
Uni Grad
Unlike, also, however, differing, similar to, the same as, varying from, etc
Wait, isn't the point of a comparison table that you don't have to use those words? You have 2 columns for the things you're comparing with a small one on the left saying what you are comparing, and then you list the contrasting/similar features/effects/points side by side. And maybe a judgement statement at the end depending on the question.

zhiying

HSC
True, when using a table for comparing you don't need those comparison words.

However, I tend to stick to doing similarities and differences rather than a table, it "compares" more to me

1981Grant

HSC
Wait, isn't the point of a comparison table that you don't have to use those words? You have 2 columns for the things you're comparing with a small one on the left saying what you are comparing, and then you list the contrasting/similar features/effects/points side by side. And maybe a judgement statement at the end depending on the question.
Yes that is the point of a comparison table but I like to add an extra comparison column just in case they have marking guidelines for comparative language, which is unlikely but I don't want to waste a mark on chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)