• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dreams of a business student (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Dreams of a business student by Sathius 005
This is the story of a young man asking big questions about identity/ belonging and the role of business students in Australian society. I am a former UTS Business student who did Bachelor of Business. By the end of spring 2012 I had achieved an average mark of 50.3 per cent in Bachelor of Business from the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS). UTS is a top one per cent business school in the world. I have been through massive ups and downs. I have been whacked from pillar to post. The success as well as adversity had tempered me. It meant that I tackled the job with assurance, risk mitigation and a sense of reality.

I entered UTS Business in autumn 2009. It was an impossible dream to get into UTS Business back in the time period concept when I was in high school. In high school I was living an impoverished life- a life of relying of government welfare because of severe financial disadvantage. My dreams in high school were to become an Economist, lawyer, businessman or journalist. Without dreams and vision people perish. The lazy man will not work hard and fight for his ideals instead he will put his head in the sand and die. The brave will not live forever but the cautious do not live at all (because they are too busy putting their head in the sand). We can't always be works of art sometimes we have to settle for filling the lines in between. Focus is power. Take back that power. What is time? How do you know when something is a long time or a short time? Time is the management of emotion and meaning. You gotta turn a massive goal into tiny bite size pieces by the process of chunking. You have to be a man of real action and real solutions.

We live in a dog eat dog world- survival of the fittest. It's everyman for himself based on what is good for the individual and the group. The prevalence of conflict scenarios where we will live in a world of tit for tat- every action has an opposite reaction. In the world of business you have to be ruthless and aggressive. It's an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

I was having the most beautiful dream that I’d had in years. Bachelor of Business became the highlight of my life. I remember the celebration party I had with my extended family to celebrate my entrance into UTS Business. I seized the stage at that party and projected a clash of ideas and a theatrical style. “Two little mice fell into a bucket of cream. The first mouse gave up and drowned. The second mouse struggled so hard and wouldn’t quit so much he turned that cream into butter and got out of the bucket. As of this day I am the second mouse,” I explained to my relatives. My family was rapt in the passion of my story. I got into Bachelor of Business at UTS City campus with an ATAR of 92.75 with the benefit of the Educational Access Scheme. I had made to the big league where anything was possible- a university where hopes, dreams and relentless hard work have built one of the foremost business schools in Australia.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Inspiring story, I hope to get an average mark of 50.3% one day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)