Drinking in public: what's the law? (1 Viewer)

v2k

beast
HSC
N/A
yo

i didnt read any of the thread so i dunno if u got an answer or not but my friend up at surfers got fined $75 for drinking in public.

helloyo

you gotta remember there is a difference between the law and what the cops actually do. last weekend we kept getting told to piss off by these cops at this party that ended up on the street. it was just us standing around and the cops like "I will issue you with a $550 fine if you don't piss off now!" and when we asked him what for he said underage drinking. he seemed pretty pissed off, but i guess unless you don't anger them they should be alright.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
helloyo said:
you gotta remember there is a difference between the law and what the cops actually do. last weekend we kept getting told to piss off by these cops at this party that ended up on the street. it was just us standing around and the cops like "I will issue you with a $550 fine if you don't piss off now!" and when we asked him what for he said underage drinking. he seemed pretty pissed off, but i guess unless you don't anger them they should be alright.

Depends what cop you get. I was in the pub under age, and they told me i would get a $550 fine, i ended up with a $55 fine. The constable attempted to let me off without a fine at all, but his sergeant wouldn't let him do that. Cops in general really aren't that bad, and in the end a fine means shit anyway. It doesn't go on your criminal record, it's only a misdemeanor, same as a speeding fine. It may be the Jack Daniels talking, but u only live once and in the end it's only money. Fuck it who cares

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
helloyo said:
it seems that if u can befriend cops or security guards, it's worth a try. The guys patrolling our hotel let us get away with some awsome stuff that they wouldn't have done normal, all because we made an effort in the 1st few days to impress them. It was worth it in the end ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)