drop maths all together?? (1 Viewer)

piecheck

HSC
N/A
should i drop maths!?...my maths trial is next week, but im so not prepared and iv been doing rely rely bad in maths and i think im gonna fail this exam. I have 12 units, so i can drop if i want, but im thinking about doing business in uni..but im not reli sure if in interested in doing that, i dont noe....should i just stick with it and not work at it since it definetly wont count towrds the UIA and may need it as a pre-requisite OR should i drop it and work out later on if i need maths or not??

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I would suggest that you should at least have a good attempt at your maths exam next week, you can always drop afterwards if you didn't perform well. See how you go and good luck.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Don't drop maths! I'll say, do your trials first and then decide after the results come out :)

L

littlewing69

I dropped maths at the beginning of yr12. Awesome decision...never looked back.

indofrik

HSC
shit dude, my math trial is tomorow , and i'm also thinkin of dropping math, overall, i think i am around 50 -60 % in my math results. i've got 12 units so i'm really into dropping math, but if i were to go and do business in uni, do uni look at my math scores or just the UAI ?

rama_v

HSC
indofrik said:
shit dude, my math trial is tomorow , and i'm also thinkin of dropping math, overall, i think i am around 50 -60 % in my math results. i've got 12 units so i'm really into dropping math, but if i were to go and do business in uni, do uni look at my math scores or just the UAI ?
Its not so much your mark that matters. What you learn matters - I think some degrees assume that you are competent at 2 unit maths. You could always do a bridging course if you wish, but of course you will be a bit behind most ppl undertaking that degree in terms of mathematical ability if you drop.

dora_18

HSC
do uni look at my math scores or just the UAI ?
uni doesnt look at you aubjects if its just "assumed knowledge", unless its a prerequisite you won't not be allowed to enter the course becuase you didn't drop maths or dropped it halfway through.
You may however be disadvantaged, actually its safe to say you will be, becuause content within the course will be "assumed" and therefore won't be re-taught, they will present it and continue on from it but it will have been expected that you know it already.

piecheck

HSC
N/A
thanks for your reply's people, my exams on monday, and yeah, im pretty shakey on a couple things..all-nighter here i come!...but anyways, yeah im gonna see how it goes but im 100% sure ill fail this exam..my idea of going bad though is like..not passing..yeah ahaha failed my last exam -_- and i didnt do well in the one b4 that. But anyways...i just realised...u dont need to have dont maths to get into business cos its just assumed knowldege not a pre-requisite....hehe, a lil slow over here :)

eat_that_staple

HSC
piecheck said:
should i drop maths!?...my maths trial is next week, but im so not prepared and iv been doing rely rely bad in maths and i think im gonna fail this exam. I have 12 units, so i can drop if i want, but im thinking about doing business in uni..but im not reli sure if in interested in doing that, i dont noe....should i just stick with it and not work at it since it definetly wont count towrds the UIA and may need it as a pre-requisite OR should i drop it and work out later on if i need maths or not??
i also want to drop maths... i have 8 units (doing pathways) and i'll prolly do business at uni.... well if i make it i guess, but i'm worried bout the whole assumed knowledge thing. i'm getting like 30% cos i don't go to class and whatnot. now i

xxshatteredxx

HSC
def decide after uve had a go at the test

if ur marks rnt good and u actually tried then yeh drop it

pc3k

HSC
i suck at maths, but maths is teh bomb.

no droppy, you lovey.

xuvu6520

HSC
I hope that you're not dropping Maths. If you guys live around Liverpool/Cabramatta/Mt Pritchard areas, I am running a FREE maths class for 2 Units so you can join and I hope I can help you out. (no advertising though, since it's FREE!) Pm me if you're interested.

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I hoped someone would attempt to try General Maths and 2U Mathematics on the same Year and even go for Extension 1, I wonder if that works :) ...

I dislike Maths and I realise its going to be my killer, but I have to own it next year ... And I am climbing my way up from the bottom of my Extension 1 class to somewhere in limbo ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)