Drop or Not ? (1 Viewer)

samk00

Meh...
HSC
hi, i'm in yr 11 about to start yr 12 in about 5 weeks, i am currently doing software design and development but i would much rather do business studies, I have lost interest in SDD and i really really like business, i;m obsessed with it, i think i can really ace this subject, should i drop software and pick up business this far into my course?
i believe i can catch up with the business prelim course in 2 weeks, what are your thoughts ? i've checked UAI scaling and business is pretty good.. well not bad...

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
samk00 said:
hi, i'm in yr 11 about to start yr 12 in about 5 weeks, i am currently doing software design and development but i would much rather do business studies, I have lost interest in SDD and i really really like business, i;m obsessed with it, i think i can really ace this subject, should i drop software and pick up business this far into my course?
i believe i can catch up with the business prelim course in 2 weeks, what are your thoughts ? i've checked UAI scaling and business is pretty good.. well not bad...
I feel very sorry for you to have chosen the wrong subject.
I don't think you can pick up business this late in the year but try to talk your principal into letting you do business. Tell them about your interests, planned career and everything else you told me. You'll need to take extra time to study for this to complete the year 11 course as well as any assessments. If you can pick up business, you are very LUCKY, but still hold onto sdd until you are 100% sure you want to do business for the hsc and you can handle it. If you can, then drop sdd.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
You can't expect to learn in two weeks what took others an entire year.

If you really hate SDD, drop it. There is no point in choosing a subject you have no interest in. If you have ten units outside SDD/Business Studies, then I suggest you take up Business Studies and see if you are able to manage. If not, it might be a good idea to drop it and continue with 10 units - there's nothing wrong with that.

However, if you have less than 10 units of other subjects, you need to choose between SDD, the preliminary course of which you have completed, but you don't find interesting; and Business Studies, which appeals to you, but you may have difficulty with concerning catching-up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)