Drop Physics or Math Ext 2? (1 Viewer)

Ppen

HSC
Im doing 13 units atm since i picked MX2 for year 12 but im really starting to feel the pressure and finding the workload too much especially since i have no study periods. Im considering dropping physics or MX2 - Physics, because i screwed up the first assessment (worth 25%) and didnt enjoy motors & Generators, and MX2 only because it seems to be affecting my marks in 2u and 3u. I cant drop any of my other subjects since i came 1st in them for prelim (except english).
Here are my results for Preliminary and what i know of the recent HSC assessments.

Physics- Prelim:2nd 78%, 1st HSC assessment: Failed (couldn't build a motor)
2u Maths- Prelim: 3rd 90%, 1st HSC assesment: 78% (rank outside top ten)
3u Math- Prelim: 2nd 72%, 1st HSC assesment: 55% (dunno rank, avg. 41%)
4u Maths- 1st HSC assesment: 55% (probably rank 2/3)

Anyone have any suggestions for which subject i should drop, if any?:eek:

Eniledam

HSC
I dropped physics to do MX2 and paid off for me, ended up with a high 90s UAI. Everyone in my MX2 class got a UAI above 90. In saying that, it's more work than any other subject. I did prob over three times the hours for MX2 than most of my other subjects and it ended up being my second worst mark. You should just do which ever you like more because you will find it easier to study for.

Ppen

HSC
Eniledam said:
I dropped physics to do MX2 and paid off for me, ended up with a high 90s UAI. Everyone in my MX2 class got a UAI above 90. In saying that, it's more work than any other subject. I did prob over three times the hours for MX2 than most of my other subjects and it ended up being my second worst mark. You should just do which ever you like more because you will find it easier to study for.
That is so true, it does eat up most of my time. There are times where i like both subjects and hate them at the same time. Sadly, it might take another term for me to figure out which subject i really find easier- but then that would be a waste of time and effort.

Hmmm.. another point, should i be concerned about the fact that i (most likely) failed my 1st HSC physics assesment.. will that greatly affect my HSC assesment mark?

Zero Infinite

HSC
The big question is whether you enjoy 4U. But it seems like you didn't do badly in Prelim for Physics so it could pick up. I also failed my motor assessment and ended up with 88 (though it was my worst subject). Unfortunately, I think you need more time to stick with both. If you really can't cope, I reckon dropping 4U is the best option.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Agreed. Drop 4U if it's killing you. I only do it because i actually enjoy it hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)