DROP SUBJECT OR NOT? (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
G'day fellow BoSers!

I'm sorry to trouble everyone, especially everyone preparing for their trials, I would really appreciate some advice.

I do the preliminary subjects 3u math, 3u english, economics, bus (HSC; accelerated) and physics. That means I'm currently doing 12 units. I've already decided I'll drop english extension 1 in year 12 and to pick up extension 2 maths, leaving me with 12 units for my ATAR.

Physics is my second worst subject (the worst is english). I don't do particularly bad at it but relative to my other subjects I do more poorly. I've messed around with the HSC ninja calculator and I don't think it will count as part of my 10 units to my ATAR. Should I drop it? Is it worth keeping as a backup?

Thanks in advance guys and good luck with HSC! :D

Canteen

HSC
I think you should keep it. Only consider dropping it if, after a few assessments, you are doing badly in it and you think that the time spend studying it could be better used to study other stronger subjects.

It is probably good having a backup in case one you stuff up one of your other subjects which you think that you will count. Last year I was in the same position as you as to whether I should drop or keep economics. I kept economics and now think that I will actually count it after messing up a physics assessment.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Usually people keep the subjects for the first assignment and then drop it after if they have gone well in their other courses. I wouldn't keep it for the whole year, but sometimes the content from year 11 to 12 and your performance may be different. Physics the syllabus for year 11 and 12 are actually kind of different in that all the stuff about circuits and enthalpy etc., doesn't even show up in any part of the year 12 content again. So if you improved from the beginning then it is possible to do well in it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)