Dropped from 2U? (1 Viewer)

gwemma88

HSC
Hey just wondering if anyone else has left it till now to drop down from 2U to general. When i say now i dont mean a few months ago; i mean two days ago- last day of term 2005

How are people finding the catch up work? Is it hell having to learn all the Prelim stuff... or have we covered that all in 2U or yr 10 already?

Anyone wishing they'd stayed in 2U?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I dropped to General.
I found the work was easy and stuff I had missed was also simple.
Good thing i dropped...
otehrwise I woulda gone SHIIIIIT

:)

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
I recently dropped down, and I didn't really catch up because I found that most of the stuff I had already covered.
I expected that General would be easier than it is though, esp. considering how I was doing in 2U. I'm considering dropping maths all together, because it is suprisingly hard to get 100%, and it is my 11th and 12th unit.

P

pLuvia

I don't know about people dropping to general, but about 5 or 6 people dropped from MX1 to 2u

Riviet

HSC
N/A
There are also people that drop from MX2 to MX1. Hopefully I won't be one of them. :D

aileenli

HSC
i dropped to general but i kinda wish i stayed in 2u because general is so easy. i didnt bother catching up coz we seem to have done all this stuff in year 8 so i dont bother doing hw either it leaves me a lot of time for my other subjects though...

ane_st

HSC
gwemma88 said:
Hey just wondering if anyone else has left it till now to drop down from 2U to general. When i say now i dont mean a few months ago; i mean two days ago- last day of term 2005

How are people finding the catch up work? Is it hell having to learn all the Prelim stuff... or have we covered that all in 2U or yr 10 already?

Anyone wishing they'd stayed in 2U?
ALOT and i mean alot of people dropped down from 2unit to general like weeks ago, and we had our first assessment on friday.... at the beginning of the year, we had 3 2 unit classes... we now only have one... i find 2unit relatively easy.. good luck in general :) but seriously there was onyl about 3 left from my class not doing general... the rest of use moved to the otehr 2unit class .. now we only have 1 2unit, 1 3unit(mixed with 4nit), and the rest (5/6 classes) are general...

Last edited:

ane_st

HSC
webby234 said:
They don't offer general at our school so quite a few people have dropped maths completely - we have about 100 doing 2U, 70 doing 3U and 40 doing 4U
do you go to a selective school?? coz thats what happened at my brothers school.. same with english.. although cant say i blame them for english... but not every1 can do maths..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
webby234 said:
Yeah - not a good selective school though. They don't offer standard English either.

50 posts :)
i know a few schools that dont offer standard english, general maths or subjects that scale really bad

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
i dropped down to general halfway through last year, most of the class dropped around that time. having not done advanced maths for yr 9 and 10 (was doing intermediate) i'd ended up being a lot further behind than i would've liked to be, before we'd even started doing anything.

there wasnt really anything to catch up in general maths, most of the course gets covered in earlier years.

Boonani

HSC
Im about to drop probably tomorrow... I hope I can just blitz it and concentrate instead on 4U english and modern...

redshift

HSC
The best thing i could of done was drop from 2u. It was like slave labour doing h/w that took like 1 1/2 hours every night and now im understanding everything thrown at me and i believe ill get in the high 90's in the next assesment instead of the mid 50's fo 2U

7th Sign

HSC
I dropped form 2u to gen at the end of 2004 lol

did the hsc and did pretty shit in gen got 74 got totally killed...

oh well shit happens...

S

STITCHtheBITCH

I have recently dropped from 2U maths and cannot believe the difference between the two courses. i dropped relatively late and foudn the catch-up work to be a joke, so many questions repeated themselves i didnt bother doing the good half of them

GENERAL MATHS IS A JOKE...i mean we are still finiding the volumes of cubes and surface areas of circles...correct me if i mistaken but didnt we do that in yr 8 and 9....are we not in year 12...the hardest general maths gets is drawing a simple parabola of y=x2 ....

can u believe there are people failign this subject....by right they shouldnt have passed year 9 if they cant calulate the diameter of a circle ESPECIALLY WHEN THE FORMULA IS WRITTEN THERE FOR YOU IN EVERY EXAM.....wat a total joke of a subject....

I beleive the gap between the two courses is tupidly large and if i had known i would have dropepd ages ago .... wat a joke this is..... a complete bludge of an hour period which i could have been enjoying years ago

And for those of you that are concerned abotu dropping for 2unit i nregards to scaleing...some that does general maths can still achieve an HSC result well over 90...!!!! so why not....DROP DOWN FROM 2U

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
I have recently dropped from 2U maths and cannot believe the difference between the two courses. i dropped relatively late and foudn the catch-up work to be a joke, so many questions repeated themselves i didnt bother doing the good half of them

GENERAL MATHS IS A JOKE...i mean we are still finiding the volumes of cubes and surface areas of circles...correct me if i mistaken but didnt we do that in yr 8 and 9....are we not in year 12...the hardest general maths gets is drawing a simple parabola of y=x2 ....

can u believe there are people failign this subject....by right they shouldnt have passed year 9 if they cant calulate the diameter of a circle ESPECIALLY WHEN THE FORMULA IS WRITTEN THERE FOR YOU IN EVERY EXAM.....wat a total joke of a subject....

I beleive the gap between the two courses is tupidly large and if i had known i would have dropepd ages ago .... wat a joke this is..... a complete bludge of an hour period which i could have been enjoying years ago

And for those of you that are concerned abotu dropping for 2unit i nregards to scaleing...some that does general maths can still achieve an HSC result well over 90...!!!! so why not....DROP DOWN FROM 2U
I believe you need to be able to write an essay in general math, or at least be good in english. For those of you who weak in english, don't do general math, you will find a paragraph of text asking you one simple question in difficult and twisted english. You might as well do 2 unit...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)