Dropping 3 unit? (1 Viewer)

NajaKaja

HSC
So I've been told that I should drop 3 unit math by my school advisor and parents. I'm starting to feel that way too :/ I failed my 2 unit prelim and I'm pretty sure I've failed 3 unit as well. The only thing was that I didn't really study for my prelims... I really think I'm capable of doing 3 unit, it's just that I ended up slacking off
this time.
All in all, I really want to do 3 unit but I'm being pressured into dropping it.
Advice?

Oh, by the way, I haven't done so bad in my other assessments. It was only last term I started to slack off, most probably because of stress.

Hazballs

HSC
Then keep it.. They can't force you to drop it, they can only 'strongly recommend' that you do. Then after your first or second assessment if you're finding it to hard or not going so well then just drop it!

HSC
Well as Hazballs said, No one can force you to drop a subject! If you really think your capable of doing 3U then do it... but in saying that if you drop to 2U its a great feeling and relieves a lot of stress since your going at a way slower pace to the 3U course!

Do whatever you want, remember you can always drop down at any time but if you really are debating to do 3U I recommend dropping down to 2U so you can start the Y12 2U course at the same time as everyone else and learn it easier but that's just my opinion :)

Cinndy

HSC
N/A
You should drop 3u after you tried to the best of your ability a few weeks after the year 12 course starts. That's when you should consider the options :)

Focus is Key

HSC
I have a similar situation in that I certainly miserably failed my Prelims for MX1, and didn't do overly flash in Advanced either from what I understand although I did far better in all other assessments just like you. I reckon you should keep Extension, perhaps it was a combination of slacking off and a difficult test. If you've done alright in the other tasks I suggest you keep it and a little while down the track see how you're coping with it.

_kuroo

Sped
Strathfield, Sydney, Australia, Australia
HSC
I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME WAY! i'm going to keep it because the course i want to do in uni requires 3u maths as assumed knowledge. ill probably drop it if i can't cope. and if i do keep it and i still end up failing at it...at least they only count the top 5 subjects that make up my 10 units right?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
This happened to me in prelim! I absolutely hated 3 unit maths though so yeah.
However in prelim i was ranked 7/50ish in 3 unit and had a mark of 86% in 2unit (can't remember my rank)

After dropping extension, my maths got pretty sloppy and my mark has now dropped to 79%
Even though I hated it, looking back it wasn't the best decision to drop it as other subjects suffered!

I suggest you keep it. Try it for a term and drop it if it's getting to much for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)