Dropping a subject advice needed :( (1 Viewer)

jinnius

HSC
Hi,

First of all, I'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong forum!

I am looking for advice as to whether i should drop extension english or not. I'm currently doing 4U math, chem, eco and 3U english making me have 11 units currently and people around me have told me that 4U math takes a lot of my time and that it would be best for me to just drop to 10 units so that i can focus on my other subjects, however I'm slightly worried at only having 10 units but i also find it difficult to keep up to date with extension english due to the large workload (writing piece every week). So i was wondering what people in the 2020 cohort that did 10 units found it and if most people did 10/11/12.

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

username_2

HSC
Advice/thoughts: Drop 3 u english because if i were u i would not even have picked it up but if you like it then obviously others suggestions would be good. (Just be sure that you can keep up with 4u before u keep it)

vivswithluv

HSC
Continue to do 11 units for a few weeks and see how you go. Honestly, if you are doing well and managing your marks don't listen to others and keep 11 units. But if you dislike it to the point it's affecting your health and other subjects you should drop it. I did 10 units cos I dropped chem.. absolutely hated it and found myself managing better.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Although writing a piece every week seems like a lot, wouldn’t you have 3-4 class lessons per week for Extn English? Perhaps teachers are giving one task per week to get students used to responding to the question stimulus quickly & writing within an allocated time, so a possible strategy might be to work on gradually increasing the efficiency of your responses (easier said than done I’m sure but just offering advice from hindsight & a bird’s eye view - I did 15 units in Yr 12 back in the dark ages). Best wishes whichever decision you make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)