dropping a subject (1 Viewer)

47sniper

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking of dropping chemistry next year but i just wanted to weigh up the advantages/disadvantages. On one hand, i'm failing it badly and i don't understand anything anymore, it takes up too much of my study time and i don't even like it. But some people are telling me that i won't have a backup subject if i fail another one. I know i'm not going to fail my subjects besides chemistry... and i can't decide whether to drop it or not. Also, i heard they count the best 10 units, and people still tell me about having chem as a backup. i dont see the point if i'm going to fail it anyway? it won't be much of a backup.
Anyone got any suggestions?:confused:

Last edited:

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
47sniper said:
I'm thinking of dropping chemistry next year but i just wanted to weigh up the advantages/disadvantages. On one hand, i'm failing it badly and i don't understand anything anymore, it takes up too much of my study time and i don't even like it. But some people are telling me that i won't have a backup subject if i fail another one. I know i'm not going to fail my subjects besides chemistry... and i can't decide whether to drop it or not. Also, i heard they count the best 10 units, and people still tell me about having chem as a backup. i dont see the point if i'm going to fail it anyway? it won't be much of a backup.
like you said, if you're going to fail it it wont be much of a backup even if you fail another one.......I suggest you just drop it if you really dislike it that much, otherwise you can keep it and see how you go after a term.....

47sniper said:
hey btw is IT a category B subject? will it count for the uai?
it can only count if you do the exam, remember you have a choice as to whether you sit the exam or not......

47sniper

HSC
N/A
so i'll still be able to get a uai if i only do these subjects ?
-society&culture
-modern history
- gen maths
-adv english
-IT

47sniper

HSC
N/A
lol maths is fucking easy.
have you done your homework?
i have to finish my society speech : (

47sniper

HSC
N/A
lol you should have seen her in year 8
crazy bitch

47sniper

HSC
N/A
haha her life is so depressing...dog died of a tumour, a maths teacher, and broken up with her fiance

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
47sniper said:
You don't have to have more than 10 units just for the sake of a "backup". :) See, you're sure that you're not gonna fail your subjects beside chem, which you don't need to make up the 10 units, then why bother? Just concentrate on your 10 units, instead of setting time aside for chem which you're not enjoying anyway :D

47sniper

HSC
N/A
Yeah I've decided to drop it.. its all for the better :D

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
If you want to do biology at uni, stick with chem (even if it is an extraneous course which won't count for you UAI). You'll pick up a thing or two by osmosis which will help at uni.

And personally, I failed all of year 11 chemistry. Year 12 chem was strangely much easier. Give it a go. You can always drop it later if you want.

47sniper

HSC
N/A
i don't think i'll do anything related to chemistry or biology so i guess i won't need it. but i think i'll keep it for a bit and see how i go.

imprsiv

HSC
lol hey is IT a good subject to keep as a bakup if u go crappy in other subjects UAI / scaling wise?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)