Dropping and Picking up (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
How many units are guys taking into year 12? Anyone going to drop or pick-up? Man, it's such a friggin hard decision to make.

I'm picking up extension 2 english, and I don't want to do more than 10 units, so I'm going to drop IPT. It's such a boring subject. The teacher cant teach it at my school anyway. Plus, I hate the theory. I bought a lap-top for nothing but....oh well!!! :p

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I currently do 12, but im dropping ext eng so im going doen to 11, for some crazy reason if i want to pick ext history up i may, but i doubt it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
def pick up ext Hist, its great, and if you are going to do 4 unit English START NOW

iH

Oldie
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
def pick up ext Hist, its great, and if you are going to do 4 unit English START NOW
i wouldn't say you have to START now. but start thinking of a possible idea.

i had my idea before i started yr 12 and started writing it in term 4 last year and i'm perfectly on track now.

make sure you get a good and unique idea that you KNOW you can write and then stick to it

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by YEAR12
if you are going to do 4 unit English START NOW
might want to find out things abt the major project tho from a teacher or a friend....i think u have to link it to ur topics in adv or ext eng....so u might have to think of what kind of piece u will do

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
it doesn't have to be linked

you could say that its linked to normal English because it involves words being written........theres you connection

If you need an outline just go onto the Board site and get the syllabus outline

Rahul

Dead Member
i may be wrong but i did hear that u have to link it to either change or eng ext elective.....i am not sure i dont do ext2 eng

iH

Oldie
HSC
there has to be a link. but they're funny links

and i think they can also link to preliminary course....

my link is to crime fiction because there's a murder and because you learn about the characters leading up to it...you're getting "clues" even though it's not a murder i expect the reader to solve and the "clues" don't automatically incriminate them.

i'm also linking it to 'change in perspective' because i'm writing from different personas...

the link can be anything. write it and THEN discuss a link

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
im pickin up 1

4 u maths
keepin rest

phys, chem, sdd, 3u eng

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
I'm picking up extension 2 english, and I don't want to do more than 10 units, so I'm going to drop IPT.
yep! drop it drop it! best decision u'll ever make.

redhat

Originally posted by Tenille
I currently do 12, but im dropping ext eng so im going doen to 11, for some crazy reason if i want to pick ext history up i may, but i doubt it.
why drop ext eng? it is so easy..

redhat

Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
im pickin up 1

4 u maths
keepin rest

phys, chem, sdd, 3u eng
hmm.. what school do you goto??

4unit maths is pretty damn hard:confused:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
btw tennille wot skool u go 2?
i go to holy spirit its down near Wollongong, i don't blame you if you have ever heard of it:p

I was thinking of picking it up for lik a couple of weeks or something and trialing it to see how it was, and if i really liked it, keep it up and drop geog. Can you do that?>???

why drop ext eng? it is so easy..
yeah i really enjoy it but i don't think i would go really well in it, I would love to just learn the content, and not have to do any assessments on it, and just take my time, but yeah i find it really easy (most of the time). LOL i think i wrote this up the top oh well...

EDIT: Grrrrrrr:chainsaw: quotes didnt work, oh well....

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Dude... Extension History is bloody hard.. to me, it's one unit and not worth the effort.. I'll prolly drop it before the trials.. Although, if your really into history, you'll enjoy it. It's interesting, just hard.

Hey, Year12 -- did you go to the study day at USYD? I know it was a while ago... but that chick and windshuttle. That was hilarious. Both were kinda stupid though. He's got dementure and Althimzers (I use to call it 'Old Timers'.. so, I hope you get what I mean, coz I can't spell...) but she was just yelling and shit. She really didn't listen to much he said. The first guy took my question though.. Only said it a little more diplomatically than I would have ;)

Good luck kids.. only 13 weeks left and your year 12!

Chang

HSC
right now im doing 13 units
i wanna pick up maths ext and drop economics + business
and i might pick up cosmology, but im not sure wether its an extra curricular course or if it counts to your UAI
so most likely ill be doing 12 units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)