Dropping bio for senior science? (1 Viewer)

Bigfatnacho

HSC
Im currently in year 11 and im not enjoying bIo and I'm not getting great marks so I was wondering if it would be smart to drop bio and take up senior science in year 12. I was also wondering if we are aloud to do both chem and Senior science at the same time.

Cheers

HSC
With bio, what part aren't you enjoying? I HATED and I mean HATED Y11 bio but Y12 bio is so much different! Yeah you are allowed to do both as far as I know.

Bigfatnacho

HSC
I disliked patterns of nature and ecosystems wasn't too bad. Atm we're doing life on earth and so far so good

hayabusaboston

HSC
Im currently in year 11 and im not enjoying bIo and I'm not getting great marks so I was wondering if it would be smart to drop bio and take up senior science in year 12. I was also wondering if we are aloud to do both chem and Senior science at the same time.

Cheers
dude.... srsly.....

plz tell me this is trolling...

HSC
I disliked patterns of nature and and ecosystems wasn't too bad. Atm we're doing life on earth and so far so good
That's understandable why you dislike bio then. The content in Y11 Bio is more biology in nature and is extremely boring, whereas Y12 bio is more about Human Biology and is extremely interesting (Besides maybe some stuff in the 1st topic)

It's up to you but I would keep it if I were in your position, because senior science scales the worst out of all science subjects and I have heard it is not that interesting either. Maybe read up on the Y12 Syllabuses for both Bio and senior science and see what content you would rather learn about.

Bigfatnacho

HSC
I've heard the scaling isn't great but say you get a mark of 85+ or 90+ wouldn't it stay as that certain mark?

HSC
I've heard the scaling isn't great but say you get a mark of 85+ or 90+ wouldn't it stay as that certain mark?
Yeah I guess so but if you don't get a high mark it will be detrimental to your ATAR, but looking at your Subject list if that were to happen you do have a backup subject unless your planning on dropping down to 10 units?

albertcamus

HSC

Cheers
Yeah you are - people in my grade do Phys and senior science together

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I believe you're allowed to do senior science in conjunction with ONE other science course, such as chemistry.

However some schools won't allow this, others will. Really depends on your school but as far as I can tell BOS allows it and let both contribute to your ATAR.

Just go ask someone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)