Dropping down to ten units? (1 Viewer)

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hello Bored of Studies.

I've started a thread to see opinions of whether dropping down to 10 units would be advisable?

I am thinking of dropping Biology- I like the content and I find everything interesting, but the class I attend demotivates me to the point of not wanting to study the subject. It takes a lot of my study time and I am always finding myself finding it hard to allocate equal amounts of time to study all my subjects.

Another concern of mine is the subject requirements for University. I am enthusiastic about Speech Pathology, it is something I have wanted to do since Year 10. At the University of Sydney's website (my choice of uni), however, it says recommended knowledge is Biology, as quoted "Human biology is useful background for the Biomedical Science subjects"

I'm also worried if I'll achieve a good ATAR with 10 units. I know this will make me sound quite ambivalent, but I tried putting on my expected marks for my subjects. But the moment I take out Biology, my ATAR plummets despite putting in marks that are well below my expectations.

As for my other subjects, I am doing fairly well in all of them. I work fairly hard for all my subjects, but I would really like to allocate more time for subjects I enjoy, such as English and Business Studies.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this thread and I hope you have a great day! :)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
nope, the only benefit for having more units is that if you flunk one of the tests in hsc you have more option. If you are not enjoying it and are not achieving the best, you should drop it.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hello Rathin :)

Thank you for your suggestion. I think I will end up dropping Biology... since it's not my favourite subjects. I just noticed that I don't know many high achievers that finished their HSC with 10 units.

hazelpug

HSC
kill miller and makes sure the next bio teacher doesnt hate you trollface.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)