Hey,

My subjects are:
standard english
general maths
chemistry
biology
business studies
economics

I was considering dropping eco because its my worst subject, if I drop I can study and maintain all my other subjects which I do pretty okay in

I have around 9-10 people in my class and I got ranked 8th (75%) for my first semester of year 11

I also don't have the motivation to study eco, but i'm a bit scared of messing up an exam (like skipping over a question or not having enough time to finish).

Any advice on what i should do?
All opinions are welcome :)

BMWM2

HSC
Keep Economics If you like it and can see yourself working hard. Our Subjects are pretty similar (I do Eng ADV, 2U Maths, Chem Eco Mod) and was tempted to drop eco at the start of yr 12, but my mum and dad convinced me to stick at it. I can say, it doesnt get easier or less stressful (the content difficulty increases) but it builds on itself, so if a solid foundation is established (consistent work and enjoyment) it becomes easier.

To increase your skills and motivation, find an eco tutor if it helps. I have one now and love it, so much better than class and I come to school prepared for the lesson, having already learnt the content.

Papasifis

HSC
I didn't enjoy economics in Y11 and dropped it as soon as I could. IMO neoclassical economics is just unbearable!
If you don't enjoy studying it, I don't really see the point in pressing on. Any particular reason you're torn?

abi.jo

HSC
I didn't enjoy economics in Y11 and dropped it as soon as I could. IMO neoclassical economics is just unbearable!
If you don't enjoy studying it, I don't really see the point in pressing on. Any particular reason you're torn?
I don't enjoy it much (kinda bores me) and I don't pay much attention.

My teacher isn't very engaging as well.

abi.jo

HSC
Keep Economics If you like it and can see yourself working hard. Our Subjects are pretty similar (I do Eng ADV, 2U Maths, Chem Eco Mod) and was tempted to drop eco at the start of yr 12, but my mum and dad convinced me to stick at it. I can say, it doesnt get easier or less stressful (the content difficulty increases) but it builds on itself, so if a solid foundation is established (consistent work and enjoyment) it becomes easier.

To increase your skills and motivation, find an eco tutor if it helps. I have one now and love it, so much better than class and I come to school prepared for the lesson, having already learnt the content.
Thanks!

I'll think about an eco tutor :)

atinyumoo

HSC
Our Subjects are pretty similar (I do Eng ADV, 2U Maths, Chem Eco Mod)
woah we basically do the same subjects but except i do 3u maths! Do you have any study tips for any of your subjects lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)