Dropping modern?? (1 Viewer)

Zai94

HSC
Is anyone dropping modern history, caus im doin 6 subjects and thinking of dropping it. Is it too risky having only five subjects for hsc??

LachyLane

HSC
Try with 6 subjects!!! You might as well, because the year 12 course is often much more interesting in every subject. I do modern, and i thought it was more interesting this year :) But you might change your mind about any subject!!! If you only have 10 units now - you're stuck with it for a whole year!!! Might as well see how far you can get.

bigbirdbanana

HSC
Well i'm just finishing my hsc this year, and i dropped down to 10 units as soon as i could. Personally i found the idea of doing 12 units as a back up to be a negative perspective, and allows you to fall into the mindset of not having to do that well because you have a backup. This could eventually degrade the quality of all your subjects - particularly with the added stress of not just extra assessments/course content, but also not having study periods to work on your other 10 units. While there is the idea of doing it until it becomes too much for you, by this stage having that extra subject could already have had a detrimental impact upon your other subjects.

Overall i am so relieved that i dropped down to 10 units and it was definitely a factor in allowing me to achieve high rankings. Each individual is different and if you'd feel more comfortable with a back up then go for it, but i just think it's more likely to be detrimental than beneficial. Hope that helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)