Dropping my 11th unit? Doing 10 Units? (1 Viewer)

sheep90

HSC
At the moment I'm doing

English Advanced
Maths (2 unit)
Chemistry
Biology
Music
Music Ext

I have a total of 11 units but my eleventh is from music extension which just kinda tacked onto the end. I was looking at atar calculators online and things and it seems no matter how I good I may get in music extension it will never be counted into my atar because it doesn't fit into the top10 unit thing.
So should I drop it if it won't even get counted in my atar? I think I might want to do music in uni however music ext isn't a prequisite or anything.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Only drop ext music only if you know you will smash your other subjects!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

enoilgam

HSC
Maybe you're using the calculator wrong. I know that Music Extension isnt a top scaler, but it should still count if you do really well relative to your other subjects.

christieehuynh

HSC
your 11th unit will count if you go well in it, i suggest you keep it instead of risking it with 10 units. cause if you go bad in one of the subjects, they'll half the mark, so i think might as well keep it...

Wonder

HSC
Are you confused about what happens when you've got an odd number of units? Because if you've got 11 units and ext music is one of your best, your worst 2 unit subject will be split in half and one unit of it will count

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

britaker

HSC
Yeah honestly I'd keep that 11th unit. Though with that said I dropped Music II pretty much as soon as I could, lol, good luck bro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)