Dropping one degree from my double degree? (1 Viewer)

xhuuuuuu

HSC
Hi! I applied for engineering/science yesterday but, I have realised I do not want to do the science degree anymore. Is there any way I can drop the science degree without necessarily having to switch degrees? This is because I want to do most/all units from engineering first to see if I enjoy it.

specificagent1

HSC
Hi! I applied for engineering/science yesterday but, I have realised I do not want to do the science degree anymore. Is there any way I can drop the science degree without necessarily having to switch degrees?
yes easy

cossine

HSC
can i just not enroll into some science units for now?
I presume you could do that. So you could hold off doing any science for couple years. And if something sparks your interest in science you could take it. Otherwise you could drop the science degree in the future.

It best to check with your uni.

xhuuuuuu

HSC
I presume you could do that. So you could hold off doing any science for couple years. And if something sparks your interest in science you could take it. Otherwise you could drop the science degree in the future.

It best to check with your uni.
thank you for your help. yeah i would like to do engineering for now and push science towards the side because its either one or the other for me.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Just don't enrol in any science subjects for now and then make up your mind later. Changing the degree while at uni is not that difficult you just do it through the uni website by submitting some form and they assess/approve it

It's not like school where you have to do everything in order. A lot of people do one part of their double degree first and then the other part later

xhuuuuuu

HSC
Just don't enrol in any science subjects for now and then make up your mind later. Changing the degree while at uni is not that difficult you just do it through the uni website by submitting some form and they assess/approve it

It's not like school where you have to do everything in order. A lot of people do one part of their double degree first and then the other part later
if thats possible thats amazing

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
if thats possible thats amazing
All you are required to do at uni is meet the requirements of the program. There is a recommended pathway but it's not the only way to go about doing it. One of my friends did a law / engineering double degree and he finished off all the engineering side of it earlier than the law part so it's allowed.

vishnay

God
HSC
All you are required to do at uni is meet the requirements of the program. There is a recommended pathway but it's not the only way to go about doing it. One of my friends did a law / engineering double degree and he finished off all the engineering side of it earlier than the law part so it's allowed.
do we get a crash course on this stuff before we start uni?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
do we get a crash course on this stuff before we start uni?
There's no like formal introduction. You will have to just read the handbook for your degree very carefully, but if you have any questions you can usually contact some organisation inside the uni. Like at UNSW there is the Student Nucleus and each faculty has some kind of office that deals with those queries and other unis will have a similar kind of thing. So if you are unsure about anything that you read in the handbook call them up or go in person and ask for help / an explanation to clear up things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)