Dropping out from university (1 Viewer)

cjwkang93

HSC
I currently study B.MedSci at USYD. I know it's past the census date and that i have to pay for the 1st semester but my family is going through some problems and im needed at home and i have no idea how long it will take until my family's problem will be resolved, seems like it'll b for about a year till it settles down. If i drop out of university now, does it leave some kind of record for my tertiary background? because i got an ATAR of 94.10 but i want to study Comm/Adv Maths at UNSW when i do recontinue my studies in the future or perhaps Comm/Eng at UNSW and for these courses i am pretty sure i need bonus points to enter.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Usually you would suffer both academic and financial penalty for dropping a unit after the census date, that is, you would receive a fail for the unit on your transcript and would still have to pay the cost of the unit. However, i'm pretty sure special consideration can be given in exceptional cases, i would talk to student services about your options.

diet cola

HSC
N/A
The last day to withdraw from units at UYSD this semester and receive a Discontinue Not Fail (DNF) grade is April 27. No academic penalty, just financial. Between that date and the Friday of Week 13 you will get a Discontinue Fail (DF).

cjwkang93

HSC
The last day to withdraw from units at UYSD this semester and receive a Discontinue Not Fail (DNF) grade is April 27. No academic penalty, just financial. Between that date and the Friday of Week 13 you will get a Discontinue Fail (DF).
Awesome!! However does this mean i'm going to have a tertiary record? AKA will i be able to use EAS and Bonus Points next year? because EAS and Bonus points can only be used if i have no tertiary record

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Awesome!! However does this mean i'm going to have a tertiary record? AKA will i be able to use EAS and Bonus Points next year? because EAS and Bonus points can only be used if i have no tertiary record
I pretty sure you can mid-sem transfer through UAC. They use ATAR only.

cjwkang93

HSC
I pretty sure you can mid-sem transfer through UAC. They use ATAR only.
problem with this is that i dun have enough atar so it's not guaranteed that i'll get into a course with a cut-off which i can't reach, i was disadvantaged during HSC so i was able to use EAS but im just wondering if i wont be able to use it again. Apparently if i have tertiary record then EAS is invalid :S

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
problem with this is that i dun have enough atar so it's not guaranteed that i'll get into a course with a cut-off which i can't reach, i was disadvantaged during HSC so i was able to use EAS but im just wondering if i wont be able to use it again. Apparently if i have tertiary record then EAS is invalid :S
Wouldn't EAS still work in mid year transfers through UAC?

cjwkang93

HSC
Wouldn't EAS still work in mid year transfers through UAC?
Apparently, no. i've emailed UAC and they said EAS doesnt apply for mid-year and furthermore, tertiary background/records would mean i cannot apply for EAS again for next year

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
oh okay!
Yeah, you should contact USYD asap and ask if it would be counted on your records.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)