Dropping Physics (1 Viewer)

MyHeadee

HSC
Abysmal is a bit harsh lol
But we digressed from the topic, sorry about my mates, but you reckon I should keep it? Also, how difficult did you find it, and how much effort were you putting into it daily?

username_2

HSC
But we digressed from the topic, sorry about my mates, but you reckon I should keep it? Also, how difficult did you find it, and how much effort were you putting into it daily?
79/100 is not bad especially as it is like the beginning/middle of year 12 (at least in terms of assessments. My year 11 physics first assessment was like 10/20 (prac exam) and I really did hate the boring stuff until electromagnetism but by the end of the year, physics really does pay off. If you like it, I would say keep it especially since you have a good teacher (a rarity you begin to appreciate later). But one thing you cannot slack off is doing the work which is understanding concepts and doing a broad range of HSC style questions. Your mark is not bad even if you are aiming for a 99+, just you have be a lot more alert and running than you are now. In terms of effort, I don't really think I know as I really like it more than other subjects and hence spent excessive time on it but just a consistent 45-75 minutes a day should be more than enough but you have it work it out too. Hope this helps.

vernburn

HSC
Maybe keep it for a bit longer. If you are really finding it difficult to study or you think it’s taking up too much time then considering dropping it (or if your rank drops). I found Module 6 to be the hardest conceptually to understand but eventually got the hang of it. The rest of the modules were pretty easy. It’s hard to say what I put in “daily”; towards assessments/exams I did a lot of past papers and questions as well as memorising all the historical stuff (like how the speed of light has been measured overtime, evolution of the atomic model etc.). As for getting into medicine, if you achieve your target ATAR, get a decent UCAT (80+ for rural is good) then you will have a good chance at receiving an offer somewhere.

Time&moretime

HSC
If your rural you will get med easily
sometimes I wish I am a farm boi so I can get in medicine so easily. Struggles of living in JRAHS.
Don't we all wish to be farm bois. Unis literally lay out a red carpet for them!
Apologies for digressing here but I heard that there are new rules, if you wanna call them rules, to rural classification. Three or four years ago, if you are living outside Sydney in regional NSW, you'll probably be given the full EAS points & that will added to your selection rank in med. Currently, I heard that there are different points based on your rurality which really explains why the recent 'TAP' payment is only for students living in outer regional and remote. It doesn't include 'all regional' students.
I don't understand, there are places like Kempsey NSW, one of the highest disadvantaged areas in NSW and its classification is 'inner regional' so students there are ineligible to apply for the 'TAP'. Go figure!:confused:

bugra

HSC
N/A
Apologies for digressing here but I heard that there are new rules, if you wanna call them rules, to rural classification. Three or four years ago, if you are living outside Sydney in regional NSW, you'll probably be given the full EAS points & that will added to your selection rank in med. Currently, I heard that there are different points based on your rurality which really explains why the recent 'TAP' payment is only for students living in outer regional and remote. It doesn't include 'all regional' students.
I don't understand, there are places like Kempsey NSW, one of the highest disadvantaged areas in NSW and its classification is 'inner regional' so students there are ineligible to apply for the 'TAP'. Go figure!:confused:
I totally agree. I live in quite a low socio-economic area. My town has close to 12,000 people, and many of them do not have access to quality resources, especially in terms of education. A nearby town with only approx. 5,000 people, 1 local high school which ranks in the 400's and with the nearest Macca's (only used to make a point, not because its necessary) 30mins away plus whatever they have to drive as they live out of town is probably in a similar state. Additionally, the gold coast and coffs harbour which many people have to go to shop for some items are 2 and a half hours away. However, we are all grouped together in the inner regional classification under the ASGS (the same as places like Toowoomba and Coffs Harbour which are quite big and resourced regional hubs)!! This is what UQ and I'm sure some other uni's use to determine their EAS and so under it, we are not able to access EAS for rural disadvantage.

MyHeadee

HSC
with relation to this and @bugra 's comment about living in a pretty small town, mine is approx 20 thousand, so I'm not sure, but I doubt it would be considered inner regional? How significant is the difference in entrance requirement if it was to be inner regional?

MyHeadee

HSC
Maybe keep it for a bit longer. If you are really finding it difficult to study or you think it’s taking up too much time then considering dropping it (or if your rank drops). I found Module 6 to be the hardest conceptually to understand but eventually got the hang of it. The rest of the modules were pretty easy. It’s hard to say what I put in “daily”; towards assessments/exams I did a lot of past papers and questions as well as memorising all the historical stuff (like how the speed of light has been measured overtime, evolution of the atomic model etc.). As for getting into medicine, if you achieve your target ATAR, get a decent UCAT (80+ for rural is good) then you will have a good chance at receiving an offer somewhere.
Yeah alright, thanks man x

bugra

HSC
N/A
with relation to this and @bugra 's comment about living in a pretty small town, mine is approx 20 thousand, so I'm not sure, but I doubt it would be considered inner regional? How significant is the difference in entrance requirement if it was to be inner regional?
Not really sure, it will depend on the school, however I found it quite ridiculous when I saw that my town, with 1 catholic and 1 public high school and 12000 people, would be considered at the same disadvantage as other's included in inner regional. Anyway, sometimes we just have to deal with it. Of course, this is only using a certain classification which is used by UQ and QUT which are the closest uni's near me and maybe Sydney ones use a different measure, not sure tho.

bugra

HSC
N/A
Little?

Im very confused, this entire thread is abnormal.
lets get this straight. You think that this thread is weird because I'm talking about being from a rural area in northern nsw when you really think my acccount is an alt of Velocifire???

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
lets get this straight. You think that this thread is weird because I'm talking about being from a rural area in northern nsw when you really think my acccount is an alt of Velocifire???
If I said yes what would you say?

if I said no what would you say?

bugra

HSC
N/A
If I said yes what would you say?

if I said no what would you say?
He showed me the PM's - so I'm kinda inclined to think you do. Idrc tho, but the answer is no, I'm not Velocifire.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
He showed me the PM's - so I'm kinda inclined to think you do. Idrc tho, but the answer is no, I'm not Velocifire.
Considering the events that have taken place on this site, I have the right to assume and make my own reserved judgements.

Though i do apologise if it's struck you as 'intrusive'.

bugra

HSC
N/A
Considering the events that have taken place on this site, I have the right to assume and make my own reserved judgements.

Though i do apologise if it's struck you as 'intrusive'.
Well not really intrusive, I understand our tendencies to play 'detective' hehe it is quite fun. And I never said I cared or was angry - of course you have those rights.

bugra

HSC
N/A
But I'm not Velocifire and if you have an idea for us to prove that I would be more than open. However, I would appreciate it if you could take my word for it, even if you're unsure.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Well not really intrusive, I understand our tendencies to play 'detective' hehe it is quite fun. And I never said I cared or was angry - of course you have those rights.
But I'm not Velocifire and if you have an idea for us to prove that I would be more than open. However, I would appreciate it if you could take my word for it, even if you're unsure.
You're quite adamant on not leaving this topic, but i'm not going to fuel this any further.

bugra

HSC
N/A
You're quite adamant on leaving this topic, but i'm not going to fuel this any further.
Well I mean, I'm pretty adament that I know my identity. Anyway, it doesn't bother me like I said. You are not fueling anything. I just don't want you to not trust someone because you accidentally got the wrong idea from me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)