Dropping Physics (1 Viewer)

bugra

HSC
N/A
Well there really isn't anything wrong with having multiple accounts as you've pointed out. But using them for trolling isn't a great idea tbh.
I'm sorry but at what point was I trolling?

bugra

HSC
N/A
I'm not, but I was assuming that you were talking about me as I was the accused 'alt. account' we were talking about before.

Jojofelyx

HSC
You guys have essentially just hijacked this thread, if its not related to the actual topic just delete your messages, I don't think this helps the poster's question. Sort it out in pm's

Jojofelyx

HSC
Don't we all wish to be farm bois. Unis literally lay out a red carpet for them!
Hmm..there are heaps of local kids who make entry for rurals relatively more competitive. The barrier to classify as "rural" is not too hard to fulfil for many. I've got friends who i've grown up with in regional areas, who are going to be applying as rurals, myself included, but have just lived in those areas from like year 1-8, quite comfortably fulfilling the quota, and then moving to quite competitive, highly ranked schools to glean off and improve drastically. And, if anecdotally there are a decent amount of people like this, I imagine there would be plenty more still. With that said though, med entry for locals in Australia is absurd lol, most people here sweating with a 3000 ucat score, whilst in the UK that would let you walk into uni blindly.

icycledough

HSC
Hmm..there are heaps of local kids who make entry for rurals relatively more competitive. The barrier to classify as "rural" is not too hard to fulfil for many. I've got friends who i've grown up with in regional areas, who are going to be applying as rurals, myself included, but have just lived in those areas from like year 1-8, quite comfortably fulfilling the quota, and then moving to quite competitive, highly ranked schools to glean off and improve drastically. And, if anecdotally there are a decent amount of people like this, I imagine there would be plenty more still. With that said though, med entry for locals in Australia is absurd lol, most people here sweating with a 3000 ucat score, whilst in the UK that would let you walk into uni blindly.
With regards to the med entrance scheme here in Australia and requiring a much higher UCAT score than what would be deemed as competitive in the UK, I guess that comes down to supply and demand. The UK, I believe, has 37 med schools, almost double the 19 we have here. So more available spots would mean less competition between peers, I guess. But again, you could also argue that the UK has a much larger population over there, which does mean more people competing for a med spot.

Jojofelyx

HSC
With regards to the med entrance scheme here in Australia and requiring a much higher UCAT score than what would be deemed as competitive in the UK, I guess that comes down to supply and demand. The UK, I believe, has 37 med schools, almost double the 19 we have here. So more available spots would mean less competition between peers, I guess. But again, you could also argue that the UK has a much larger population over there, which does mean more people competing for a med spot.
You would assume, double the population, double the schools required no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)