Dropping Subjects.... (1 Viewer)

abcd9146

HSC
I am doing the hsc this year, and i wanna know if i can actually drop a subject AFTER my school has subjected the student+subject list to the board of studies. right now, im not too sure if i should continue a subject or not, but i dont wanna think too long and i think my school is soon gonna send those lists off.

right now, im kinda stuck inbetween, i might regret if i drop, but if i dont drop, its too much work for me... and i just wanna know if i can drop a subject AFTER my school has submitted those lists in. (even if it involves personally contacting the BoS, then tell me about it. the official BoS site is crap...)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, its quite easy. All the school has to do is amend your course details on the net using eBOS, so thats no problem. You can drop anytime during the year, there is no cut-off date.

Just contact your school (The person who would co-ordinate that sort of stuff) and they should do it for you. (Although the school have their own process in place before they do it) And for the record, those 'lists' you refer to would have been send off months ago, sometime last year.

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Rafy said:
You can drop anytime during the year, there is no cut-off date.
In addition to this point, you can drop a subject anytime up to the trials/final exam, you should think about it clearly now and make a decision to drop it now or keep it all the way till the end. If you drop a subject near the end, you'll have wasted all that time and effort that you put into the subject.

Good luck. ;)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i think we need an offical "dropping subjects thread" been so many of them in the last week lol.

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
In addition to this point, you can drop a subject anytime up to the trials/final exam, you should think about it clearly now and make a decision to drop it now or keep it all the way till the end. If you drop a subject near the end, you'll have wasted all that time and effort that you put into the subject.

Good luck. ;)
haha, good idea :p

Dragie

HSC
would 13 units be too much for the HSC year? I just really don't wanna drop anything and if I'm forced I will drop Music (Currently I'm taking Adv Eng, Eng Ext 1, Maths 2u, Chem, Physics, Eco and Music). What do you people think?

P

pLuvia

What ever you think is best, but seems you are leaning towards music for various reasons so maybe you should stick with that?

karoooh

HSC
Dragie said:
would 13 units be too much for the HSC year? I just really don't wanna drop anything and if I'm forced I will drop Music (Currently I'm taking Adv Eng, Eng Ext 1, Maths 2u, Chem, Physics, Eco and Music). What do you people think?
Drop what you have no interest in doing in the future!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Agreed with pLuvia and karoooh, if you like music and doing well in it, you should keep a hold on to it. If you're struggling or don't enjoy it, you should consider dropping it.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Music is also a great scaler I believe, I think Music 2 is the higher scaler but don't take my word for it. But don't choose because of scaling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)