• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

dropping subjects (1 Viewer)

gossipgirll

HSC
can someone tell me if dropping a subject will ruin my atar or no bcs everyone keeps telling me im 'risking my atar' if i drop bio soo idk

tysm x

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
can someone tell me if dropping a subject will ruin my atar or no bcs everyone keeps telling me im 'risking my atar' if i drop bio soo idk

tysm x
'Risking your ATAR' probably refers to the fact you're probably dropping from 12 to 10 units. There's a misconception that I've found a lot of teachers seem to spread about how 10 units is 'risky' and they want an additional 2 units to act as collateral. As long as you put in the effort to do well for the remaining 10 there's no reason for your ATAR to be 'at risk'; having only 10 units means you also have a lot of study periods so you'll be able to maximise your efforts across fewer subjects.

I did bio and if you're genuinely not interested in it I would recommend dropping. I put off dropping it so much and I regret not dropping it in the end because I could've used that time for my other subjects when I genuinely did not like bio and crammed for it so bad just before assessments

gossipgirll

HSC
'Risking your ATAR' probably refers to the fact you're probably dropping from 12 to 10 units. There's a misconception that I've found a lot of teachers seem to spread about how 10 units is 'risky' and they want an additional 2 units to act as collateral. As long as you put in the effort to do well for the remaining 10 there's no reason for your ATAR to be 'at risk'; having only 10 units means you also have a lot of study periods so you'll be able to maximise your efforts across fewer subjects.

I did bio and if you're genuinely not interested in it I would recommend dropping. I put off dropping it so much and I regret not dropping it in the end because I could've used that time for my other subjects when I genuinely did not like bio and crammed for it so bad just before assessments
omgg yeah thank you sm
bio is interesting but the exam guidelines r so harsh and its so easy to lose marks soo im def dropping it tysm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)