Dropping subjects (1 Viewer)

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Is it to late to drop a subject before these years Hsc? I am not asking whether it is sensible or a good idea, but would the Board allow it?
Thanks

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes you still can.

Contact your school, and they will amend your details with the board.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You can drop until the commencement of the exam, makes no difference. You don't *have* to sit the exams, however if it is something like MX2 you'd need to do some sort of notification so you could sit the 2u course, and with extensions you have to sit the subject beneath for it to be accepted. But as I already said - you can drop right up until the exam.

HSC
Even if you cant drop it, if your sure that subject is your worst then dont study for it and still sit the exam because itll be like you've dropped it. Anyway good luck hope you can drop it.

speed2

HSC
Lil Miss Karly said:
Even if you cant drop it, if your sure that subject is your worst then dont study for it and still sit the exam because itll be like you've dropped it. Anyway good luck hope you can drop it.
that wouldn't look good on her HSC though would it? having a subject with a really low mark

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
Oh well... Ive done the same thing with 1u Religion this year, ive purposely failed the course throughtout the year to be able to focus on my other, more important subjects.
If I may ask, why are you sitting the SOR1 exam then? :confused:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
It is compulsory to do religion at catholic high-schools.
But don't they have like catholic studies or something? And isn't school over so that you can drop it now that you've done internals? Or do catholic schools make you sign weird things?
Note: sorry to the thread starter for any topic derailments!:eek:
But anyway, to the threadstarter, the Board doesn't give a spank how much or how little you do or how you notify them, whether its by non attendance to the exam or withdrawal via school - if you were that conscientous you could probably call them yourself with student number at the ready.

punk_tartan

HSC
as for doing studies of religion at ctaholic schools.. i got to an anglican private school and its compulsary to do christian studies... BUT its not a HSC course.. so it sit on my arse for two periods a week when i could have frees to actually study....... shall i say important stuff

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the replies. It is good to know that I am able to drop.
Now another question lol
Would people rec. dropping at this stage? or do you think you should just go and attempt the exam? has anyone else from previous years you know dropped a sub after stuvac?
thanks

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Will you put any effort into the exam if you do attempt it?

If the answer is no, then you're probably better off fropping it and focusing on your other subjects. In the end, though, it's entirely up to you and how you feel.

I_F

=slade=

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
They aren't stupid.. See if you can figure out why they make students do SoR 1 unit (my school makes us as well). I figured it out a few days ago actually.
i have to do RE too cos im at a catholic high school, but we can do BEC (a board endorsed course of RE ) which doesnt count at all, i think its the same as 'catholic studies'. so, y do they make us do it right up to the exam???

Gummy_bear

HSC
on dropping: i know of a girl last year who tool extension 2 maths and dropped it the week b4 the exam. she only did it to get further insight into extension 1 maths.

on religion: i also go to a catholic school. dropped to catholic studies after the first term. lol. Can you believe i did an exam, got under what the teacher thought was 'a good enough effort' and so they made me resit the exam. I had to study and everything. then on another assignment, coz i didnt get good enough marks again (i also had 5 other assesments that week that actually counted) i got an afternoon detention. >< im all up for it being compulsorary in catholic schools, but come on! as if they expect us to bother with it if it doesnt count. im not even catholic >< *end of rant*

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
i'm stuck between SDD and Chem, they are both on the same day as well, just to make everything worse.

i think i'll choose SDD, as i really do suck at Chem. but i might spend sunday going through a practise paper for chem, just so i can get more then 20%, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)