Dropping to 10 units (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
That totally depends on how well your study habits are and how well you manage your time in order to study a sufficient amount of time for your subjects.

anne1010

HSC
dont drop just yet. wait until end of the year, once you've done your first assessment for the HSC. Then you can choose which subject you are doing the worst in. But i say dont start 2012 with 12 units or drop once school starts. Dont drop just yet though.
10 ftw

HSC
N/A
I'm doing my HSC this year and was currently doing 12units but as im not the best student I dropped Legal Studies at the end of term 1 this year.

Its really hard to decide if you should do 10 units and concentrate hard on them or do 12 units and also concentrate hard but have a subject as a backup if you don't go well in one.

I dropped Legal Studies because 1) It didnt have anything to do with my career goal and 2) i had to concentrate more on my other subjects like Chem and Maths to do better in them.

Even though i got in the high 80's in Legal for my half yearly's I dont regret dropping it even this late.

Aysce

HSC
I'm doing my HSC this year and was currently doing 12units but as im not the best student I dropped Legal Studies at the end of term 1 this year.

Its really hard to decide if you should do 10 units and concentrate hard on them or do 12 units and also concentrate hard but have a subject as a backup if you don't go well in one.

I dropped Legal Studies because 1) It didnt have anything to do with my career goal and 2) i had to concentrate more on my other subjects like Chem and Maths to do better in them.

Even though i got in the high 80's in Legal for my half yearly's I dont regret dropping it even this late.
Yep it also depends on how well you're performing in your other subjects as you said.

Aysce

HSC
Hey Spi, want to hear what happened in HP7? MUAHAHAH

jack93

HSC
Trust me, the HSC gets nuts, year 11s say that they should do 12 units neglect their worst subject, but you still need to do assignments and exams that you just don't have time for. 80% sounds pretty good but if you dislike the subject it's not worth it, hope this helps.

Aysce

HSC
Dang, im such a notorious e-thug ;)

Edit: Ohh yeah, 100 posts lawl

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Regardless of whether your doing 10 units or 12 units to get a good atar you need to do well in 10 units worth of subjects, so as long as you're confident in your other subject you'll be fine, i'm on 10 units and my estimate was 98, dropped engineering studies coz i hated writing long ass reports and i was hovering around 5-6th place out of about 20, i'm confident in my math and sciences plus advanced english so the extra time to study has actually made me pick up my ranks in chem from 12th to 6th and from 9th to 2nd in Ext 1 math.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)