dry cell or lead-acid cell (1 Viewer)

bonesaw101

HSC
Hey i'm really stuck with the dot point asking to: "gather and present information on the structure and chemistry of a dry cell or lead-acid cell and evaluate it in comparison to one of the following: etc."

would really appreciate a good website

HSC
Search hard and retain that info, a 7mark question just might come your way in any exam this year, the dry cell/lead acid question is a favourite of teachers and BOS. My personal feelings, lead acid is easier. EG. Car battery.
Just a few fun facts that i can remember:), lead-acid batteries made need to be topped up with distilled water as it is a vital part of the forward and backward reactions (using and recharging) and is lost due to heat ect...
The sulfuric acid used is strong >10M.
Thats all i can remember bar the obovious without looking it up but u'lll find something. No worries.
Cheers.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I do lead-acid vs Vanadium redox cell. Stupidly I only got 29/30 for not setting up a proper table but I've got quite desired info about Vanadium redox cells so I could actually gain 1 mark from logic/concise criterion. lolz. So lucky.

You can actually choose Gratzel's cell which is very very very fun. I like it. Er...use the websites provided by your text book, they can really help. (pathways and Conquering Chem have)

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
are you comparing a dry-acid and led-acid in terms of
social, ethical, environemental impact and composition.

caoz if it is. i did an assignment on this which got top marks.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
This is strange. You are supposed to compare a dry cell with st like silver cell and lead-cell with either Vanadium cells or Gratzel's cell. Not between dry cell and lead-acid cells.

Edit: '???'

imagunafail

kryptonyte
HSC
that website is really good, but do you have any that does the lead acid cell or the vanadium redox cell because i have to do that one, i dont get a choice.

vizman

HSC
bonesaw101 said:
Hey i'm really stuck with the dot point asking to: "gather and present information on the structure and chemistry of a dry cell or lead-acid cell and evaluate it in comparison to one of the following: etc."

would really appreciate a good website
do dry cell against a fuel cell. very good comparison in my opinion.

powerdrive

HSC
imagunafail said:
that website is really good, but do you have any that does the lead acid cell or the vanadium redox cell because i have to do that one, i dont get a choice.
this is what i can get for lead acid cell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)