DT Folio Length (1 Viewer)

Toranaman

HSC
Hey seeing as a the 2007 DT program is drawing to a close i was wondering what kinda lengths people were doing for the folio and whether they were constantly doing it like i was for the past 12 months. Very much a labout of love for me. Anyway mine was about 35000 words and 200 pages not including sketches and tech drawings.

Just wondering becuase i really didnt know how much need to be done and it may be a help to people taking the plunge next year if they know the kinda work load and detail people in the past have done.

Quintano

HSC
well my folio is about 60 pages.. then i have 3 external folders one being 17 pages and the other about 15 pages.

HSC
I have asked this question to every one I know who has done this course and it really depends on what you are doing, for example you can pull a lot of information on certain subjects but other are harder to get information on, also how much work you actually do over the 11 months, and if you can do that much work, a lot of people in my class can't do massive folios because they can't string together that much information or that many sentences

mine is 25 000 on A4 I don't know how many pages yet because I have it all separated at the moment, and I am still finishing a couple of sections but I have started to put it together I am running really late because of trials

marwin@joeys

HSC
mine is 155 pages, without drawing, journal and sketches!
26000 words (approx)

jirwin

HSC
mine consisted of:
73 A3 pages
a4 75 page diary
A4 33 page experiments
A4 75 page concept sketches
1 overflowing A4 folder
1 medium size a4 folder of research
20 A4 page marketing
30 A4 pages of Pracitical Skill Evidence
a large board, 2 A3 boards with a storyboard and photo and an A4 board with a life cycle analysis

as people said - its quality not quantity. i didn't include anything that i didn't think was necessary for my project. mine gets marked tomorrow or tuesday

marwin@joeys

HSC
Jesus christ! u must put a lot of efftor of DT!i'm pretty sure, u'll get nominated for the power house museum mate!what did u made JIRWIN?!

jirwin

HSC
lol thanks

I designed and constructed a website based purely for Teens. It pretty extensive, covering around ten different topics all relating to teens such as stress, anxiety, depression, drugs, driving, obesity and so on. I designed the graphics and layout, came up with the topics, but the content isn't real because that wasn't part of my project.

It also contains a flash animation at the beginning of the website - having cartoon characters representing each different category of the website - its kinda childish and isn't the best quality but for a first time i think its good.

I don't know whether mine has been marked yet - seen as they were doing our projects over two days - I heard like a rumour that the computer wouldn't work for the markers and that they had to go down and see our teachers and my teacher followed the marker back up to the library - I have no idea what happened but I hope they were still able to mark my project lol

jirwin

HSC
got no plans to atm. its not technically finished - it doesnt contain content because that wasn't the aim of my project. the design and layout was what the design brief asked for.

HSC
bit of a late response, but my folio was 80 pages long, although i could have easily done about 50 pages more. this is the result of buying a folio that holds only 80 pages. there was a dvd that the makers had to watch before they marked my major project (just a video clip) it only went for 3min.. but they only watched about 5secs of it :s

W

wogstaa

130 A3 pages and a 60 page design diary with sketches and crap, folio was 28135 words

Toranaman

HSC
jirwin said:
got no plans to atm. its not technically finished - it doesnt contain content because that wasn't the aim of my project. the design and layout was what the design brief asked for.
Ah well maybe one day. But if you are like me i dont think i need to look at my MDP for a while lol

jirwin

HSC
lol no. my school still has mine (just in case im chosen for DesignTECH... wasn't bringing it home then back again). i love my product, i love my folio on the computer... i hate my printed folio.

Toranaman

HSC
jirwin said:
lol no. my school still has mine (just in case im chosen for DesignTECH... wasn't bringing it home then back again). i love my product, i love my folio on the computer... i hate my printed folio.
Ah i am the opposite. The computer file is to hard to navigate, to many gig on my computer, paper is nice and layed out evenly. LOL

I was worried i didnt have enough evaluation the morning it was due:bomb: . Then my teacher was like its time to stop now. Its over... it took me days to realise:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)