During reading time (1 Viewer)

friction

HSC
Ok so i may be over thinking it but i came up with 3 options.

1. Have a quick look over the whole paper.
Advantages: Get extra thinking time especially for the harder questions. Get an idea of whats in the test.
Disadvantages: May get daunted by the task especially if it is a hard test. May not be able to focus as good leading to silly mistakes as your mind is somewhere else.

2. Work out the first 1 - 2 questions in your head.
Advantages: Get some extra thinking time (although not much as the first 2 questions dont take much thinking). Wont get daunted by what is in the test. mind will probably be on task for the first 2 questions.
Disadvantages. Still may make silly mistake because your mind isnt with it. The extra thinking time is not much.

3. Sit their and calm yourself and not read anything.
Advantages: Calm clear mind going into the test.
Disadvantages: No extra thinking time (although time isnt too big a problem for me).

This all came about because in my past papers i have just been doing them from the start without looking at the whole thing. And i think if i look at it and its a hard test i will get sidetracked from what i am doing or just adopt a giving up attitude.

Anyone make any recomendations or add extra disadvatages and advantages or even extra option.

duy.le

HSC
i think im just gonna spend reading time looking for questions which require proof, hence u cant possibly make a silly mistake (statistically your most likely to make the most number of silly mistakes in the first 15 mins..which is what i do in 3 unit) or do a circle geo question, u cant write and think anyways; win, win situation. i think option 3 would be a silly thing to do and you're simply disadvantaging yourself.

Last edited:

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
I give a quick look over the whole paper, then focus on the last two questions. I always have trouble getting even a few marks in the last two questions, and looking at it at the start, you get an idea of what the question is about. Also, when you actually get to the question, you've spent probably 2 hours just mulling it over subconciously in your head so you might have a lot better chance than if you had just read it then. That's what I do anyway.

samwell

HSC
work out the questions that are probably gonna take alot of time. work out most of question 1 and 2 in ua head. look over every question as fast as possible probably in the first 3 mins. Then for the last 2 mins decide wats hard and wats not then think abt the hard questions.

vds700

HSC
ive been doing the second one, just reading over the whole paper, but I will try working out the first 2 questionsin the next paper i do, and see if that works.

cccclaire

HSC
option 1 is definately the best.

That way if you start to run out of time you can go to the things that you know you'll get right.

lost1

HSC
Wat i do now is look over all the questions starting from Q8 and note down any qestions that seem difficult (usually those seemigly impossible integration and M.I questions for me) in 8/7/6.Then just skim over the rest mentally thinking of which qestions i should not try and wast too much time if i cant get the answer for but never actually attempted to try any qestion in my head...but now that i think about it maybe i should try and solve those circle geo while in reading time aswell.

ckprior

HSC
i find a circle geometry question and think it through, coz for them you can work it out in your head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)