Dux college or Matrix (1 Viewer)

ericaerica

HSC
I know this has probably been asked before but whos better for MATHS and CHEMISTRY?

I saw on the Dux website the booklets, and I have one question - what do you actually do in that 2 hr class? Just read the notes?
I also have a concern that because Dux is so cheap, it won't be good?

What are the pros and cons of each tutoring college?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
If it's solely for Maths, Harry's Education Centre (HEC) is a much better tutor than Matrix, in terms of Maths.
And no, Dux College isn't that cheap as compared to tutors such as PEAK (charges $20 for 1 hour and 30 mins I think) or Truongs. Dux College charges $25 approx an hour which is a bit above average price for what tutors normally charge (20 an hour is avg in my opinion). My maths tutor charges $20 an hour (TIPPS Yagoona).

If it is for Chemistry then you could attend Dux or PEAK for cheaper prices. I think Matrix isn't worth it. But look around for reputable Chemistry tutors!

EDIT: Money doesn't determine the quality of the tutor. So don't just think that if a tutor charges little then they would be worse than others.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
There is also a trial lesson they offer for free. Prehaps you would try it out and find out.

ericaerica

HSC
Ive been the Harrys before and I cant learn with that accent of his (sorry!).
But matrix gives booklets and harry only gives pamphlets.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Ive been the Harrys before and I cant learn with that accent of his (sorry!).
But matrix gives booklets and harry only gives pamphlets.
I offer a choice of accents if you like:

i) Tamil

ii) Malaysian/Singapore

iii) Hong Kong

iV) Arabic

v) North Indian

vi) pseudo-Aussie

minimax_AI

HSC
I know this has probably been asked before but whos better for MATHS and CHEMISTRY?

I saw on the Dux website the booklets, and I have one question - what do you actually do in that 2 hr class? Just read the notes?
I also have a concern that because Dux is so cheap, it won't be good?

What are the pros and cons of each tutoring college?
LOL no they don't just read the notes for 2 hours

just go to their free trial lesson and see for yourself. As Rivalry mentioned, cheap does not mean bad, and expensive does not mean good. I went to the following places so I can comment:

1) truongs / PEAK (classes too huge, everyone's viet, made me uncomfortable)
2) matrix (good but expensive, went there for maths for a term and it was good but needed a cheaper alternative)
3) dux college (so far so good, I'm still with them for several subjects, they're well priced, have been improving throughout year 11 and now onto year 12, we'll see :) )

Friends say also that Harrys is good for maths but not for anything else, and talent is like dux but at double the cost.

dotapro

HSC
any more recent reviews on these places??? last post 2011

sgtgummybear

HSC
If choosing between Dux or Matrix, I hands down choose Dux.
Matrix's books are quite thorough and detailed and while that's sometimes useful, it can get to the point where the information becomes irrelevant and for me, began to get overwhelming, and I found myself later going home and summing up the information myself which was a real waste of time. As for the teachers, I felt they quite experienced and knowledgeable and could explain concepts well most of the time. Most. However, the pricing for Matrix is kinda ridiculous. The price overrode everything good about Matrix and is basically the reason why I'd never recommend it. It's just not worth it.
Dux's notes are really good too. They're much more concise, yet nothing is missed out and concepts are explained very well. The teachers at Dux are great - they explain well, are really patient and easy to approach with any sort of question you have. Dux is far cheaper than Matrix (about half the price??) , yet I feel like I'm not missing out of anything and am understanding things just as well, if not better, at Dux. Wish I found out about this place sooner. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)